Sign in to follow this  
Path-x

I have just finished the Dogs of War

It is possible with 1.03 but it is pain in the arse.

Far greater enemies are the "save" bugs and endless "receiving..." bugs than AIs tbh.

:)

That's a achievement of the year with all these bugs in mission. :D

Where did you go and what did you do after the meeting with russians and Lopotevs speznaz buddies ?

I read in some other thread that you could attack the Chedaki base in Msta and after destroying the base the mission would end, but i don't think BIS meaned to play it like that. I mean how do you find out that the base is in Msta in the first place.

Edited by Potatomasher

Where did you go and what did you do after the meeting with russians and Lopotevs speznaz buddies ?

I read in some other thread that you could attack the Chedaki base in Msta and after destroying the base the mission would end, but i don't think BIS meaned to play it like that. I mean how do you find out that the base is in Msta in the first place.

I can't even get past the cutscene in Vybor because everyone gets frozen in their animations after the cutscene except for our spetsz buddies. Oh and I turn into a ghost that can walk through walls too.

Hehehe

Well I gave Lopotov to the russian general Shagarov. Then we were ambushed by Karelin and his speznatz. Karelin was working on his own and was not part of any russian plan as it seems since two russian soldiers were killed in attack.

After that I went to capature the base at Msta. The mission then ended yes. Anyway there were only 3 strongpoint left. Well to be honest you just have to clear strongpoint after strongpoint to find it but the base is always in Msta.

An advice to everyone who haven't came so far yet. Buy a pilot at HQ, kill him and took his night vision goggles. I capatured like 4 strongpoints in a complete darkness including Lopotov. ;)

Yeah i did it !

This final mission was one of the worst. The warfare part should be removed.

Now i'm just glad i finished Harvest red campaign without using end mission cheat once. Load game was used like 1000 times. :)

Edited by Potatomasher

So just destroy the Chedaki HQ and you can finish the mission?

Hehehe

Well I gave Lopotov to the russian general Shagarov. Then we were ambushed by Karelin and his speznatz. Karelin was working on his own and was not part of any russian plan as it seems since two russian soldiers were killed in attack.

After that I went to capature the base at Msta. The mission then ended yes. Anyway there were only 3 strongpoint left. Well to be honest you just have to clear strongpoint after strongpoint to find it but the base is always in Msta.

An advice to everyone who haven't came so far yet. Buy a pilot at HQ, kill him and took his night vision goggles. I capatured like 4 strongpoints in a complete darkness including Lopotov. ;)

I just took my nvgs off of the officer that was guarding Lopotov, and my binoculars and my shiny new AK w/ scope.

Does the patch kill the performance on this mission? I've had major lockup.

Does the patch kill the performance on this mission? I've had major lockup.

The mission runs better for me with 1.03, well excpet all the script bugs still :rolleyes:

So just destroy the Chedaki HQ and you can finish the mission?

Yes. Not very good way to end mission if this is how it is meant.

The mission runs better for me with 1.03, well excpet all the script bugs still :rolleyes:

Experienced a couple bugs and CTD (crash to desktop)early in this mission. I used a pickup to transport the POW back to base and as soon as he get out of the vehicle he dies for no apparent reason. This happened 3 times. When he finally survived getting out of the vehicle, I recieved the task succesful message but then a few seconds later I got a mission message failure as well and was noted as incomplete on the task list.

The crash-to-desktop occured once right after I got the message to transport the POW and the other time was in transit back to base. No error messages appeared after the crash.

I still have a problem - when CDF and NAPA (allied) are in one town, none of us can capture it...

EDIT: I have completed it! Thanks for the patch.

But I still think that this mission would be better without the warfare element.

Edited by Tatarkas

I experience a lot of CTD in this mission. Something about requested memory that cannot be allowed. I've never encountered this problem anywhere else ingame.

By the way, I also always let razor at the main base to be sure they don't get stupidly killed. Instead, I buy some units and fight with then, so nobody care if they die.

I experience a lot of CTD in this mission. Something about requested memory that cannot be allowed. I've never encountered this problem anywhere else ingame.

By the way, I also always let razor at the main base to be sure they don't get stupidly killed. Instead, I buy some units and fight with then, so nobody care if they die.

Quickest way to play this mission if there were no bugs is to leave the commanding of troops to other generals and just wait like 30 mins. (eat while waiting or something. ;) ) Then you should have enough money to buy T-72. Then you kick the driver hell out of there and jump in. The rest of the team can be ordered to like BMP-2. (it's armored enough because the resistance is ridiculous. There's enemy tanks only in enemy HQ town Msta. All other towns are just full of cannon fodder:) Now you only need to do these things.

1. assault the Chernogorsk capital city

2. go get the Lopotev bastard from the island (by chopper)

3. Bring the Lopotev to russians

4. Assault and destroy Msta town. Destroy everything that belongs to enemy.

Edited by Potatomasher

Actually you dont have to wait 30min. After I brought the POW back I had around 3.000. So I bought a T72, went to get lopotev and then bought 2 more T72s. They complitely crushed everything since resistance is mostly BRDM.

When I restarted the mission few times I didnt have so meny crushes any more. This was one of them:

"Too meny virtual memory blocks requested"...

Overall, I cant belive this is it. DoW is the final mission? I think they said that you should play the campaign around 2 weeks. If there wouldnt be so meny bugs and crashes I would complite it in a day or two. This is nothing compared to OFP if Im honest.

Oh well, I guess its still much better the Arma1. I hope some kind of expansion comes out soon.

Overall, I cant belive this is it. DoW is the final mission? I think they said that you should play the campaign around 2 weeks. If there wouldnt be so meny bugs and crashes I would complite it in a day or two. This is nothing compared to OFP if Im honest.

No they were perfectly correct - 2 weeks to play considering all the bugs and script errors :P

I'm waiting for new fix/patch for the immortal priest. Before that I couldnt start Badlands, since my team refused to shoot enemies. Altogether 3 weeks?

And there is another bug. 13 men is maximum for your squad. If you disband any of them, the game doesnt know you did. So you have 10 men or so and you still cant buy new guys. It thinks you still have 13 soldiers in your squad. Plus, it would be really nice if you could buy empty vehicles in warfare mode like in A1. Or is there a secret button?

Plus, it would be really nice if you could buy empty vehicles in warfare mode like in A1. Or is there a secret button?

I would like that option too.

I don't need jackass AI crew, i usually order them to get hell out of there anyway :D

As a tip for anyone playing. Use the knighthawks to get to and from the island its a lot quicker.

I cant understand how you get all those vehicles like knighthawk etc. Are you playing in editormode or summit? Ive got an airbase but the menu is always saying there is no factory. And tbh the chedaki HQ is pain in the arse after patch 1.03, I get all my three T72's slaughtered in a few seconds when trying to enter the camp.

I cant understand how you get all those vehicles like knighthawk etc. Are you playing in editormode or summit? Ive got an airbase but the menu is always saying there is no factory. And tbh the chedaki HQ is pain in the arse after patch 1.03, I get all my three T72's slaughtered in a few seconds when trying to enter the camp.

Here's what i did. At first when i started the mission i didn't wanted to command troops so other generals handled all the battles for me, but when i had done everything else needed and the time to attack Msta came, i said to commander that i wan't to be in charge. So i did and ordered all my troops to Msta. All of them were destroyed in battles there, but when i entered there with my Razor and team only one T-72 all of the enemies tanks were smoldering wrecks. Easy. ;)

Those CDF troops were just happen to be expendable. I know i'm an asshole. :D

Oh well there is a bit of a spoiler and it might not even be possible for you to do at this point but I will post it.

I took Razor team to Chernagorsk and captured it. Once you do that any insurgents left inside will converge on you and once they are gone then the Marines come back. You're told that they lost the helicopter carrying the command team and then they give you command of the forces which include something like 3 abrams, 3 AAVs, 3 infantry squads and then 3 knighthawks. I used the knighthawks to transport me around and provide fire support the entire time.

Well, I just finally finished the SP Campaign - at long last! I had lots and lots of CTDs playing DoW, always when I tried to revert to a save game.

Anyhoo, my DoW fun ended when I mopped up all resistance in Msta. Shortly thereafter I checked my map, and the Msta base/strongpoints had turned green.

But when I exited the map view, I got the message that I'd failed to capture the base, and then the scripted mission ending played out, telling me that I'd have to make a run for it, and taking me on to the "escape by boat" final mission, which I've just finished. No nice cutscenes, just text on black telling me that it had all been something of a disaster. Clearly I should be able to "win", but I'm not sure how far back I'd have to go to try again and make the game play out to a positive ending.

It all seemed to go bad from the point where I refused to meet with the guy who contacted me over the radio after Badlands... Having turned in the arms cache earlier in the game, I ended up not allied to anyone - and this approach seems to end badly.

I'm not sure if I have the patience or energy to try and play through again from an earlier point!

Edited by n0bby

I have just spent several hours catching lopotev on the island, only to never get the promised chopper turn up. TRying many times to see if I missed some trigger, like haveing to kill all on the island before I speak to him etc.

I will now try again with the hotfix patch thing.

This was after suffering the immortal fydor, I wanted to play CDF/NAPA alliance. as I finished it as napa already on 1.02 patch.

As to CDF and NAPA in the same town to catch, only way I have found with this is to vote yourself commander and move your units out of the town and just cede it to NAPA.

Edit: just tried hotfix, and it fixes that chopper not turning up.

Edited by stealthbanana