Sign in to follow this  
evilc1

"Bandwidth" figure very low in MP compared to other players

in MP, when other players have a bandwidth figure in the thousands, I am in tens or maybe 100.

When connecting to servers I get the gold and/or red chain.

I have a good connection (~400K up/6000K down) - adsl max, but I have no idea why this figure is so low compared to other people on the server.

Any ideas?

Had once the same problem in ArmA with my Netgear router. Try to disable the firewall of your router and see if it helps.

Just tried disabling all kind of stuff like that, and turning off windows firewall may have done it. I have an exception for Arma2, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Disabling windows firewall seems to have a dramatic effect on my Desynch.

on WiFi by any chance? other stuff running in the background? it's your available bandwidth, not your internet connection.

I never use WiFi, my whole house is wired.

Nothing else downloading.

The bandwidth figure is nothing like my available bandwidth, I can have 6meg available but the bandwidth figure never goes past 100.

I find this myself after playing for a while. It does happen MORE (but not exclusively) when I use addons. Sometimes I can have a bandwidth figure in the teens (and I'm on 20meg broadband!)

Not using wifi, nothing else downloading, firewall ports open.

Anyone have any ideas?

in MP, when other players have a bandwidth figure in the thousands, I am in tens or maybe 100.

When connecting to servers I get the gold and/or red chain.

I have a good connection (~400K up/6000K down) - adsl max, but I have no idea why this figure is so low compared to other people on the server.

Any ideas?

Test you speed & ping at http://www.speedtest.net/ , and post the result here.

I know a guy who had the same, turned out his ISP was throttling his ports used for gaming.