Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

After 1.03... the briefing

So, it says in the notes that the tasks etc that are set in the briefing.sqf will stay extant even if players respawn / JIP.

Anyone tested this and is it true?

Or will we have to carry on with the now infamous tasks_fix.sqf scenario?

Cheers

Dale

I beta tested my new map on 1.03 last night, and noticed that it was the same as 1.02. Ie after you respawn you dont have any tasks or notes.

1.03 has broke more than its fixed.

Cheers

GC

Sure it's not working? If you rerun briefing.sqf it doubles, tripples and so on the number of tasks you have.

I beta tested my new map on 1.03 last night, and noticed that it was the same as 1.02. Ie after you respawn you dont have any tasks or notes.

No need anymore for task_fix.sqf or any other "add the tasks again" fix in 1.03. That is one thing that really got fixed and it is working fine in 1.03!

Xeno

script timing.

for mission initialization put the briefing call as much on top of the init.sqf as possible, in any case before any time delays (sleep) so it shows up in the "briefing room".

for JIP its the other way around.

having the brieifng call after a "sleep 1" did it for me.

that of course means you need to know if the init.sqf is executed for mission init or for JIP (otherwise its executed twice).

Just wait until the player object is initialized and add the tasks then, that's all you have to do.

Xeno

Just wait until the player object is initialized and add the tasks then, that's all you have to do.

Xeno

exactly, yes - thats it.

thanks