Sign in to follow this  
Gloopy

Secops Fun on Utes (Co-Op 8)

Hi All,

This is my first "mission" release. Basically I was having so much fun with the secops stuff I made a little mission for myself and my friends and figured, hey, why not share it.

The mission is on Utes, upto 8 players, and uses secops only, there are no other enemies (I did test using various intensities of the ACM but found it to be more annoying than anything).

You don't get offered secops automatically, you use the radio to request whichever kind of secops you want to play, they're all there except TRAP which doesn't always seem to work for me.

You can also call in Artillery, transport, supplies, CAS and UAV to aid you in your missions.

Respawns at base, (no vehicle respawn yet) and every weapon imaginable all in crates at base also, there's also a rifle range with easy, normal and hard mode settings for ultimate bragging rights among your squad/friends. (Thanks F2K Sel for the script, even if it's not yours).

Anyways, download, play, tell me what you think, I'm always interesting in making things better and fixing bugs.

Download

extract to X:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\mpmissions

It's running on my server - "Animals - Arma 2" - 212.227.252.235

Known issues:

Artillery sometimes doesn't fire

Secops spawn on base, (very annoying)

When you leave rifle range, menu option doesn't go :/ (removeaction won't work!)

For the Future:

stop secops spawning on base.

add vehicle respawn.

add some kind of scoring.

Add more features

Gloppy you can cleap up two of your triggers by using these:

Activation Radio Alpha - set to repeatedly

[["artillery_barrage","tactical_airstrike"], player, [[RIPPER, [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Activation None - this is so it pops up at start of mission.

[["artillery_barrage","tactical_airstrike"], player, [[RIPPER, [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

For both use your same condition field

som1 getVariable "initDone"

The other option would be since you are not specifiying the type of vitual artillery you are using you could use this and just delete the artillery module and virtual pieces:

[["tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

If you would like to specifiy what type of artillery you are using use this, you will actually need two virtual artillery pieces and place this into the artillery module:

vm = this spawn {waitUntil {_this getVariable "ARTY_INITIALIZED"}; {[_x, "M252"] call BIS_ARTY_F_SetVirtualGun;} forEach [unitname, unitname];};

"m252" change this to the artillery you want

Edited by cobra4v320

i love your mission! i've edited vehicle respawns for all the vehicles and deleted the firing range( which was very cool but i never use it).

can't seem to locate UAV overflight though, no problem though i probably will never use it!

HOWEVER, do you KNOW how i can fly in reinforcements? SECOPS randomly does that from time to time!

Cobra,

Thanks very much, i'll clean the up the triggers for the next release.

Belgarion,

I replied to your PM, basically secops will offer reinforcements if you take casualties, you can turn it off but how to request reinforcements, i'm not sure.

will add UAV for next release also.

@BelgarionNL

Just put this into a trigger and you will have recon. :yay:

[["aerial_reconnaissance"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Gloppy I have created a mission inspired by yours. It has the SOM and ACM modules. The vehicles also respawn in. It is a 6 player coop mission, if you get a chance let me know what you think.

Here is the link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6940

Edited by cobra4v320