Sign in to follow this  
asmorrey1

Choppy players

i very much enjoy playing online in arma2, the only problem is that all human team mates never run smoothly. They are always always choppy, skipping forward. Does everyone/anyone else get this? I have an 8mb internet connection through sky and i am not running wireless. Can i even do anything to help against this? Opening the ports worth the try? thanks

EDIT: apologies, meant to put this in the roublehsooting section

Edited by asmorrey1

Yeah it's lag no doubt but it could be server lag or video lag.

Also if your using a lot of mods the server has to snyc with ya so try running stock and see how well it plays.

Get server ip and do a tracert.

Welcome to games of ARMA2 with over 10 players... the only time I've ever seen this lag minimized is during games with smaller numbers of players. That's why my pals and I are sticking to 3 player co-op for the time being (and having an absolute ball, might I add)

ah ok, only down side is that none of my friends play this game. Sad times :( haha

it's called lag, and it's not necessarily on your end. get over it.

get over it? you're quite the cheeky one are'nt you? I just wanted a bit of feedback from other players and wondered whether there was anything I could do my end to help it. In actual fact I opened the ports just for the sake of trying, and it did seem to reduce this effect a little. I don't know if this is just coincedence or what but it worked!

No need to listen to SS9. Ever. All his posts seem to be that nice.

As for choppy players it could either be your bandwidth (press 'P' when in game and find yourself in the user list to see if it is drastically low. Some people have experienced much lower bandwidth in ArmA than they should have for varying reasons), or the server that's over its own capacity, be it the number of players or AI units.

Could for example be your router, the Windows Firewall (some people had the firewall reduce their bandwidth even though ArmA2 is added as an exception), or maybe your ISP that is reducing the bandwidth on certain ports.