Sign in to follow this  
Lovehandles

Running a not native resolution helped me.

I had this weird problem where it looked like I if my AA and AF would'nt kick in.

Sometimes my graphics looked great and in some other places it looked like crap. I was running this on 1680 x 1050. I've changed that to 1470 x 917 (22").

My game now looks great and plays great. Don't know what kind of FPS I have but if feels really smooth.

But...I find it pretty weird to be honest.

Edited by Lovehandles

I had this weird problem where it looked like I if my AA and AF would'nt kick in.

Sometimes my graphics looked great and in some other places it looked like crap. I was running this on 1680 x 1050. I've changed that to 1470 x 917 (22").

My game now looks great and plays great. Don't know what kind of FPS I have but if feels really smooth.

But...I find it pretty weird to be honest.

lowering resolution is a good way to get a smoother game, as long as you can scale it down with out blurring, from your native.

I remember that the default setting was the one i'm using now.

Texture detail and Video memory options are on NOrmal. I don't have any High or Very High settings to choose from.

Running this game on a GTX285.

A little further testing. Don't like my own idea anymore because in a distance it's too blurry.

But now I changed Tripple buffering On and Force Vsync On. Now I have the blur I want and the sharpness.

Still my Texture detail and Video Memory High settings are nowhere to be found.

Are you sure the ArmA.cfg file is showing the proper VRAM amount for that GTX285?

I know it didn't detect properly for my 295 and initially I didn't see the high or very high settings.

Take a look at the nVidia stickie to see if there aren't others with your card that may have worked this out.

AFAIK the VRAM = the actual amount of GPU memory in bytes and the NONLOCALVRAM = your page file size but check through that thread to confirm.

Generally running at native resolutions is the most efficient way to go.

Best of luck

Mine shows something like below. I use these settings in a Read-Only config. In-game I set my AA to Low.

But to be honest, I don't know what VRAM I have to use for my 285. So much info in that thread.

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-180000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

FSAA=0;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1059127296;

nonlocalVRAM=2145615872;

The 285 has 1 GB of VRAM on board right?

1 megabytes = 1,048,576 bytes so multiply that by 1000 for 1GB and the entry for localVRAM in the ARMA2.CFG file would read:

localVRAM=1048576000

nonlocalVRAM=(the size of your page file)

AFAIK this is the correct setting but double check that nVidia stickie thread to see how they've got it worked out.

I don't recall now if it was this that brought the high/very high settings up or not but I believe it was.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

Edited by Akilez
If it wasn't for typos my life would be damn near perfect.

Thanks...the game itself is....awesome. Can't remember a title with the same replayability.

I think I have the perfect setting for my system now. I will look further into that Nvidia thread.

Now the only thing I wish for is a good and simple basic instruction guide about HOW to make a scenario. For example; I have 3 Squads and they all have to go to the same waypoint..how do I do that? Right now i'm making 3 different waypoints.

But that's another topic.

I have a gtx285 and 3,25 gigs of ram and the game plays fine. It always did actually.

I set pp effect and AA to low. The rest are set on high and my viewdistance around 3000.

Had no problems whatsoever!