Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio9

Very Slow Missiles

WOW wow wow man is it just me or do missiles really move that slow in real life I was standing buy some Humvee's and 2 of them came in and flew right past me and I had the time to shoot at them as they flew bye... I mean they just float to the ground like a plane landing. It looks very cool but it is really unrealistic. Just an observation.

I do not think I've observed this behavior with any rocket, except for the Vihkrs? (sp?) I think I saw a video (one of the 1500 AI videos by ritchiespeed) where the russion missile would slow down before hitting, or at least thats what it looked like, but personally I have not seen it in game for myself so I cannot confirm if it's still in 1.02xxxx.

Most rockets irl (if traveling in a straight line) are going to hit their targets much, much faster than in this game.

it is a Russian aircraft that fired the missile. From a distance say like i see one about to hit a target across the way from me about 200-300m I do not observe this behavior as bad still looks a little slow but probably not as bad as if its fly's past me about 10m off the ground and 10 m away from me..... Crazy it looks like its trying to feather out for a landing. I will make a Video of it.... I would almost call it a glitch.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

yes Steakslim this is version 1.02 build 58134

The LGB seem to have breaks that make them detonate behind the aircraft rather than underneath it (at altitude anyway).

For all I know it is realistic for these short-range, guided missiles to be so slow. Do they need the time to correct their trajectory? It's not like you can dodge them, so the speed doesn't really matter.

Yeah, I noticed this the other day when I was doing some SecOp missions and an Su was flying over killing tanks. Then all of the sudden there was a missile slowing going just above my head, and I found it to be a rather funny site to see.

I would say the distance would change the effect... but it still sounds wrong in-game. Like, if you watch an airplane fly overhead at high altitude, it looks like it's going slow, but in reality it is traveling quite fast. If it were an F-16 just taking off or doing a low fly-by, it would zip by. Seems to be backwards here ingame though.... weird...

I think something is FUBAR with the CH-29 (? that SU-25s carry). I noticed a couple times, I fired them, and after ~1-2km I flew over them, and they were practically floating in the air, eventually hitting the ground traveling near vertical, nearly no forward speed, and falling at about 1m/sec or so.