Sign in to follow this  
&#lt;:MeAn -NiPa:&#gt;

Mission poll (look at this one)

Voted tank based but I also like aircraft based... also being commanded by AI most of the time.

my vote goes to special forces again, because all the choices of how you enter a mission can be done with any unit anyway, and thats my favorite one

I voted for being commanded by AI, because these missions often have the best atmosphere. But black ops missions are cool, too biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 19 2002,09:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted for being commanded by AI, because these missions often have the best atmosphere. But black ops missions are cool, too  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">am i the only infantry lover?

<span id='postcolor'>

No, you're not.

Although I voted the missions that starts in transport..

The SP mission "Ambush" is the best and most realistic

mission, IMO.

...oh yeah! infantry action is cooool. I especially prefer grand scale battles (like the "Battlefield"-mission) biggrin.gif

Funny enough, no one wants to command their own troops tounge.gif

So much for leadership (I of course answered spec ops, since I am a real maverick) biggrin.gif

(Darn lousy spelling - I always see a spelling mistake just as I have hit the submit button) confused.gif

Infantry all the way!

I actually like commanding, AND infantry missions.  It's a challenge to complete a mission without losing anyone.  I always feel badly when I get someone killed, and strive to do better on the next missions.

I -hate- the helicopter missions.  Even with my joystick, I find the damn helicopter is a beast to fly.  Heck, I am a champ at Longbow Gold, but I can barely fly the dang thing in Flashpoint.

I like missions where you get dropped into a hot LZ, get in and get the job done and then call for an extraction smile.gif

Commanding your own troops is to tricky to handle..espicially when u are trying 2 fight yourself smile.gif

Being an RPG soldier is fun, waiting in the trees in ambush for a number of M113s... The BANG there goes one! BANG another! Another one comes right at you guns firing away! It hits you in the leg but you manage to hit it before it kills ya! Then a wave of US troops come into view in the distance so you arm your AK74 and prepare to bravely defend your position and destroy them!

Ahh ain't it great? Part of a mission I'm making. I like the way vehicals "shatter" in FP!

Infantry can be fun in some ways. I cant stand being just a normal soldier, unless i'm Russian cause their iron sights are better IMO. I have to at least be a machine gunner, or LAW soldier or something.

I like the SF missions, even though they are not very realistic. (trust me, I help plan them in real life) One man elements are very rare, and three to four man elements are usually for recon, not direct action or sabotage, such as a SOT-A team that operates in support of an ODA (American SF A-team) that will go into an AO and gather intel. Anyway, I like the SF missions in OFP because they are so open ended. There are usually enemy helicopters and tanks that can be stolen and used to inflict major damage. (i.e. wake-up call), instead of being crazy and trying to take out everyting with three LAWs of some satchel charges.

But hell armored conflict is what I like all the way. I'll be in either Commanding, Gunner or Driver position. It beats walking. Mi17 is a faverate of mine too, along with the SU25. Sniping is too cowardly.

i like the missions with as much element as possible.

thats complicated enough to give me a real challange.

and as much as possible.

the single mission commander is my favorite.

and otherwise, the attack chopper missions are pretty cool themselves.

oh yea of coursssse infantry missions biggrin.gif

for more action, excitement and more possibilities... without infantry better to be dead! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 19 2002,09:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">am i the only infantry lover?<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I don't mind infantry either. I like being Spetz Natz. Killed a load of US troops while they had no idea who was shooting at them. Of course my commander and group were hiding a few hundred metres behind me letting ME do ALL the work and only advancing when the way was clear. It was good tho to shoot the enemy at close quarters, some of them ran right into me not shooting me at all, was being flanked boths sides but it was no harm shooting in both directions. I even copped stray lead from my own group shooting at the enemy while hiding behind me, the ONLY lead that hit me from my OWN guys. I guess with being Spetz Natz they thought I should do all the work. I was only Spetz Natz in the group smile.gif

Spetz Natz Vs Special Op. Now that would be good, ain't tried that yet. You would never hear any shots at all. Just the sound of the bullet lodging itself in your ribcage.

I voted for Paradrop, Its an infantry mission though isn't it? so really thats a vote for both.