Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Question about High Command interface

Hi, I was wondering what the percentage value represent when you hover your mouse over your subordinates group at map view. Is that suppose to represent the group health or group ammo status?

Hi, I was wondering what the percentage value represent when you hover your mouse over your subordinates group at map view. Is that suppose to represent the group health or group ammo status?

I'm not sure but if you select a group and hit 0 and then another number it will give you the status of the unit. Try to see if they correlate.

You mean the SITREP, I think it's 0-8-1. That will tell the number of unit still alive in that group. Will check if that correlate. thanks Jakerod.

The SITREP feature is really neat. Hope BIS will expand it more to have it return ammo status also

I'll take my first post and borrow your thread a bit. I have some problem figuring out how to use this high command effectively. I'm on the mission "dogs of war", and after building a base in the first town I really like to reinforce my squads, since they both took round 50% damage in the attack. How can I do this? I can't even figure out how to move troops to the other squads. Can I somehow create new squad leaders? At least reinforcing my squads should be nice:) Any other tip how to manage the troops effectively?

vbal you need to see Mr Centipede's script in DISCUSSION. There you can regroup your whole army and split them any way you like :)

I test it last night, killing a few of my men, the percentage drop. So it most likely represent the health of the group. A little bit more of documentation about the interface would be usefull and welcome though

I can't find the thread Kremator talks about. Maybe someone can help me? Isn't there a simple button to press to get up a commander interface, just like G for gear interface?

My biggest confusion about high-command mode is how to create new groups. I mean if I start out with two squads of motorized inf, that's great and all, but how do I make more of them? The only thing I've found that I can do is buy more at the barracks thing, but then they're part of MY squad, and I instantly run out of space to buy more troops. How do I say "You guys here, go away and do something. This guy here is your squad lead, stop bugging me."

You don't make new groups, not without some custom mission scripting package. In the mission after Badlands should should be able to transfer troops to existing groups.

If you use Mr Centipede's scripts in Discussion forum you DO make new groups :)

Still waiting to see if he's been able to code the eventhander into the script :)