Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Cpp & BIN Files?

Hi all. I’m looking through some current add-ons at the moment, and ive only recently noticed there is another config file such as BIN. What are the difference bewteen BIN & cpp files?

Also i was looking through some FAQ's and i saw some guy say he changed a BIN file into a cpp. How can i change BIN into a cpp?

-konyo

.bin is a "binarized" .cpp

Basically it converts it into a machine readable code.

The advantage over .cpp is lower loading time as the game doesn't have to interpret it on its own.

You can use Kegetys' unRAP included in his tools to convert back to .cpp.

Ohhh okay.

Thanks deadfast :)

Just tryed it, put the BIN File over the UnRap file, and it done it, but where dose it save it? lol

Edited by konyo

It will create the cpp in the same directory you dragged the Bin file from. You can also double click the UnRap.exe and run it as an application. Also choose "no" to generate separate files for root classes"

It will create the cpp in the same directory you dragged the Bin file from. You can also double click the UnRap.exe and run it as an application. Also choose "no" to generate separate files for root classes"

Okay.. Thankyou

I get an error code now saying "Invalid Rap File" and another saying "Decode failed"

Edited by konyo

I would like to know this too.

If i say "No" i get an error and conversion is not done. Also if i say "Yes" same error appears.

UnRap version is 1.06