Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Nightvision and Stars

Does anybody else get the feeling stars are just beyond the cloud layer in this game when using night vision goggles? They appear much closer with NVGs turned on.

Yes they do indeed. NVG's do not make stars seem like they are ON the horizon though. I realize the game renders the sky texture at the end of view distance, but it should seem like the stars are farther away to be realistic. It seems the BI developers have never looked through NVGs before.

nvg's destroy perception I think in real life.

Yeah, while using NVGs you loose your depth perception, unless you're using two monocles which helps a little bit,

but stars does not look like that while you're using NVGs.

Stars look super close!

Not while using NVGs in real life, they just appear a little brighter and you see a lot more of them.

Actually I think the stars look about right, maybe just too large in the game. I used my buddies marine issue NVG around a camp fire and everything looks exaggerated.

I had to go back to Arma I and look at the sky with NVGs and guess what? ArmA I stars look 10 times more realistic and better than ArmA II with NVGs on, dont know why they messed up in this one.