Sign in to follow this  
WoodenSpoons

aircraft start height

im guessing this is a code that needs to go in the init line of my "flying" aircraft, how do i set a specific height it will fly at/start at (want them to start heigher,alot so i can halo jump, thanks

put this in init line:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 100]

change 100 to your need.

thanks, still have a prob tho,

when i load in i start at that height but the cpu pilot brings us back donw to a realy low height (nose dives down to it then levels out) ive got him following way points, is there something i need to do to make him stay at this height?

Edited by WoodenSpoons

in your waypoint put: this flyinHight 100; if i recall correct

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 100]; this flyinheight 100

Just like Nuxil said change the 100 to your needs.

nuxil:where in the waypoint shall i put this there are loads of places to write stuff and no init line......

Cobra: ive already changes the 100 to what i wanted and it works but the ai just nose dives down to a much lower height as soon as it loads

ps thnx for the help so far

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 100]; this flyinheight 100;

This goes in the init.line of the chopper or plane. Be sure you set the heli/plane in special as "Fly" in the editor.

Possible is also:

NamePlane setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 100]; NamePlane flyinheight 100;

i put

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 100]; this flyinheight 100;

in the vehicle init line

now im trying to get the aircraft to follow my waypoints AND stay at this height, it just nose dives to a lower height (much lower)

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

ok dont worry i 4got 2 put a space

thanks alot guys