Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Oh the poor taleban and al-queda..

i think peoples points of view are of the upmost importance, whatever they are, the good thing here for instance is the many different countries involved in the discussion  jeez 10 -20 years ago  i doubt many of us would have been aware of such things that happen in other countries, now we hear about it every day,

and i for one realise now how lucky i am where  i live, that we dont have to endure some of the horrific things such as happen in countries where some of the forum members come from

Il also say that having sat for ages reading thru the thread, that although the different opinions are clashing, its still producing good thought provoking messages, and no abuse which is admirable

But i think what also has to be noted is that becuase there are so many cultures and countries on the internet  and indeed this forum that its very unlikely that everyone will be in agreement with a topic, it doesnt necesarily mean anyone is right or wrong  but each have their own thots and reasons behind their answers.    After all wouldnt it be crap if everyone agreed all the time, forum would be dead =[[[

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 18 2002,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I think is really funky is when gunmen attack the Indian parliament and it barely gets mentioned in the news. Imagine if the White House was assaulted by gunmen...  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps you need to address that point to the Finnish media, when the attack on the Indian parliament happened I saw a hell of a lot of coverage of it on the English news programs smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 18 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 18 2002,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I think is really funky is when gunmen attack the Indian parliament and it barely gets mentioned in the news. Imagine if the White House was assaulted by gunmen...  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps you need to address that point to the Finnish media, when the attack on the Indian parliament happened I saw a hell of a lot of coverage of it on the English news programs smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Me too. It was all over our news....sounds like a Finnish thing tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 18 2002,16:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Me too. It was all over our news....sounds like a Finnish thing tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's kind of the thing I was trying to touch upon in my post in the Israeli thread (admittedly I didn't do too good a job of expressing my point, tis what happens on the very few occasions my emotions win over what I'm typing)......

Oligo didn't see much on his media about the India parliament attack so he assumed it wasn't widely covered because it was in India and not in the US, when in fact it was widely covered but either not widely covered in Finland or he simply missed it.........

Here they were going on about it for a couple of days (and rightly so) live feed of it happening, recap of what happened, thoughts, opinions and analysis of what happened, why it happened, who did it, etc. etc. etc. smile.gif

Shit did I write all that? me want peace? BULLSHIT! HA! I am the war type! The world would be a dull place if everything was great and fluffy with pink flowers, rainbows and teddy bears with little red hearts saying "I love you"... HAHAHA great! Let the war begin! Actions speak louder than words! Hint: if you want to fight in a war.. being xenophobic is the way to go!

*sigh* Don't mind me I just go through mood changes. It would be a dam boring place if everyone was peaceful!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ Mar. 18 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shit did I write all that? me want peace? BULLSHIT! HA! I am the war type! The world would be a dull place if everything was great and fluffy with pink flowers, rainbows and teddy bears with little red hearts saying "I love you"... HAHAHA great! Let the war begin! Actions speak louder than words! Hint: if you want to fight in a war.. being xenophobic is the way to go!

*sigh* Don't mind me I just go through mood changes. It would be a dam boring place if everyone was peaceful!<span id='postcolor'>

I have some pictures from my tour in Kosovo, that you should see. I can't post them since it would break the rules of the forum. I sincerely doubt that you would glorify war after seeing the things that I have seen there. And that was *after* the worst things had been cleaned up.

If your post was sarcastic, and I missed it, then never mind. If not, how can you expect anybody to take you or your opinions seriously after making such a post?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 18 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Perhaps you need to address that point to the Finnish media, when the attack on the Indian parliament happened I saw a hell of a lot of coverage of it on the English news programs smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you BASTARD!!!!!!

flaming finland are we huh, huh??

you ALWAYS favoured the swedes (such as snake..) damn fine moderator you are with your EXTREME biased opinions!!!!

*takes relaxing pills*

biggrin.gif

*runs and hides*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 18 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you ALWAYS favoured the swedes (such as snake..)<span id='postcolor'>

Relax mate. Finland is Sweden smile.gif

aaaah....feels much better after accusing someone for being anti-finnish biggrin.gif

didnt give me better insight of the minds of those who defend everything by saying that "WE are so hated by you for NO reason at all other than plain racism" tho sad.gif

anyways....longinus posted something that was kinda correct....why debate something everyone agrees on?

the church thing...bad.

terrorists...bad

i wouldnt have commented at all unless these terrorists got linked with the x-ray non-pows and human rights...stupid logic and reasoning catches my attention.

Ahh sarcastic yes in a way. I don't know why I posted it. I don't think anyone gives a shit about my posts anyway. Americans just shoot me, and now they will. Being depressed does not help when posting on here... Plus I have already seen pictures of war... documentries.. and yes I already know that its not the same as being there. I don't glorify anything but if it seemed to you that I did then I guess I put it all wrong. I'm sure people will just use this against me now. Oh well. Go ahead.

Its not like anyone takes me serioursly anyway. They just say I come up with anti US bullshit anyway. It wouldn't matter if I saw them pictures... I'v seen it before... I don't get sick over things like that.. life is so pathetically bullshit to me anyway now. besides in the other post I stated that I'v had it with everything. Last time I was this bad or in fact worse I was at school being picked on all the time thats when my life went down the drain, everything started messing up, I lost the will to go on. But of course noone cared and I had to pull through myself. Why should I care for a race that just insults and destroys itself? Why should I even try to pick this race up from the death and destruction that it has itself caused? Why should I help people that would just tell me to fuck off anyway? And why should I try to make contructive critisiem when I just get blasted by anything american?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 18 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you BASTARD!!!!!!

flaming finland are we huh, huh??

you ALWAYS favoured the swedes (such as snake..) damn fine moderator you are with your EXTREME biased opinions!!!!

*takes relaxing pills*<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO you know you'll always be my fave Fin, well after D.Inc of course wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 18 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 18 2002,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I think is really funky is when gunmen attack the Indian parliament and it barely gets mentioned in the news. Imagine if the White House was assaulted by gunmen...  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps you need to address that point to the Finnish media, when the attack on the Indian parliament happened I saw a hell of a lot of coverage of it on the English news programs smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did to.Something must be wrong with their media.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 18 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Thehamster @ Mar. 17 2002,23:34)

Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 17 2002,22:20)

What good does it do taking a life for another life it does not bring them a dead person back.

Capital punishment is one of the few barbaric parts of society left in the 1st world in the countries where the majority people know no better and are socially backwards.  

I agree with you, but I guess you know...  

<span id='postcolor'>

Put it this way: A guy rapes and kills a woman. Hes brought to trial and is found guilty. He either gets life in prison, with possible parole (no joke, ppl like this get parole all the time), or he gets sentenced to death by lethal injection.

Without the death penalty, this convict spends the rest of his life living off taxpayers money, with a number of chances to escape or be let out.

If he is put to death by lethal injection, he is subjected to about the most humane and painless way to end a persons life ever devised.

In a perfect world, we wouldnt need the death penalty. But, we dont, and so we need a viable deterrent to keep people from thinking that they can take a life and get free room and board for the rest of their life.<span id='postcolor'>

I rather pay for him; I find state sanctioned death disgusting.

Also just think of all the people that have been wrongly convicted and murdered because the State says it is okay.

well im for capitol punishment if it has been proven that the killer:

1. knowing knew that the act he or she was doing was wrong

or

2. did the act w/ prejudace

or

3. did over something incredibley stupid that involved a small claim

or

4. involved the murder of a police man or other law enforcment, fire fighter, paramedic or other medical staff

personally i feel that people who break the law, pay the concequences, and the concequences should be strick

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 18 2002,23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. did the act w/ prejudace<span id='postcolor'>

I guess I'll just go kill someone i'm not prejudiced against then....man that really dosen't make much sense

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 18 2002,23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 18 2002,23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. did the act w/ prejudace<span id='postcolor'>

I guess I'll just go kill someone i'm not prejudiced against then....man that really dosen't make much sense<span id='postcolor'>

no you missunderstood, i didnt mean that by racism, i meant prejudice as in did it in a hateful, very aggressive, and cruel, manner, not involving race, u can use prejudice like that.

No I understood...but it still dosen't make sense. Do you mean if I go into the street and start shooting people indiscriminately "just cause", that I should be shown more leniency than someone who targeted someone because of hatred?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 18 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No I understood...but it still dosen't make sense. Do you mean if I go into the street and start shooting people indiscriminately "just cause", that I should be shown more leniency than someone who targeted someone because of hatred?<span id='postcolor'>

o ok now i know what you mean just ad 2 w/ 1 than i guess

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 18 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An example: An israeli jew walks alone into the palestinian areas in West Bank and shouts: "You palestinians are just scum. You should all be killed." Promptly some pissed palestinians beat the jew to death. Was it wrong to kill the jew? Yes. Was the jew stupid for doing what he did? Yes<span id='postcolor'>

Oligo never said this was the right thing to do and as Oligo has said many times over & over in defence... it was an example of wrong behavior. I used wrong as stupid is too generalised and this is a clear example of wrong behavior. OK?  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 18 2002,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Perhaps you need to address that point to the Finnish media, when the attack on the Indian parliament happened I saw a hell of a lot of coverage of it on the English news programs smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't much follow the Finnish media, because they have a lot of reporting on the actions of our dear politicians. This totally makes me sick. As long as I don't actually see our leaders making retarded comments and opinions, I can IMAGINE that there is still some common sense in our leaders.

Funny. Once I watched a live broadcast from the meeting of our parliament for 20 minutes. Then I had to turn off the telly and contemplate whether I should make a little armed assault to OUR parliament. biggrin.gif

But I must admit I relied on our media to report the Indian parliament incident. So I either missed all the coverage (entirely possible if I was having a drinking spree wink.gif ) except the one footnote I saw on the news OR they just didn't broadcast anything except the one footnote (a video clip of some people with guns and the commentator saying that by the way the parliament of India got attacked by some dudes).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ Mar. 18 2002,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahh sarcastic yes in a way. I don't know why I posted it. I don't think anyone gives a shit about my posts anyway. Americans just shoot me, and now they will. Being depressed does not help when posting on here... Plus I have already seen pictures of war... documentries.. and yes I already know that its not the same as being there. I don't glorify anything but if it seemed to you that I did then I guess I put it all wrong. I'm sure people will just use this against me now. Oh well. Go ahead.

Its not like anyone takes me serioursly anyway. They just say I come up with anti US bullshit anyway. It wouldn't matter if I saw them pictures... I'v seen it before... I don't get sick over things like that.. life is so pathetically bullshit to me anyway now. besides in the other post I stated that I'v had it with everything. Last time I was this bad or in fact worse I was at school being picked on all the time thats when my life went down the drain, everything started messing up, I lost the will to go on. But of course noone cared and I had to pull through myself. Why should I care for a race that just insults and destroys itself? Why should I even try to pick this race up from the death and destruction that it has itself caused? Why should I help people that would just tell me to fuck off anyway? And why should I try to make contructive critisiem when I just get blasted by anything american?<span id='postcolor'>

You need to lighten up.

You are just as entitled to your opinion as eveyone else.

Nobody is picking on you.

We all have bullshit in our life.

We all have to deal with it.