Sign in to follow this  
Texas

Trees

confused.gif Why trees do not fall when you hit them at the root with a tank shell? I mean the explosion produces so much thrust that the trees around the explosion should fall outward. This would create a better feel of explosion. When you have a dead body and you hit near with mortar it moves a body away (game feature). So you can feel-see the explosion, not only smoke. Well, trees should fall too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Texas @ Mar. 17 2002,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why trees do not fall when you hit them at the root with a tank shell?<span id='postcolor'>

What version of OFP are you running and what was your upgrade path?

are you talking about trees of forest?

'regular' trees that are everywhere can be knocked down.

but for me, forest trees are indestructable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 17 2002,10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">are you talking about trees of forest?

'regular' trees that are everywhere can be knocked down.

but for me, forest trees are indestructable.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, same for me. I have blasted down trees with a shell before. But when you drive a tank into trees that are part of a forest it just goes *clangggg* and bounces off. I was dissapointed when I discovered this, as I was looking forward to mowing my own path through nature tounge.gif

i would have thought that in a reasonably dense forest, that a tank wouldnt be able to go crashing through, perhaps if at speed it hit one or two then yes they would fall but im sure the strength of sturdy trees in forests would very quickly slow the tank down

I agree with Hilandor, a thick forest should stop a tanks momentum after a few fall down...but then you back up and hit 'em again. And Again. And Again...:) Eventually you'll make that path through the forest.

I like picking my way through a forest in M113's. I was actually able to drive that thing in one side and out another without too much difficulty. The cannons on the MBT's make that a much more challenging proposal.

Well if you drove a tank through a forest.

First of all the tree would fall down but the roots come out of the ground and slghtly lift the tank. so it basically gets grounded on the tree

they are magic steel trees native only to 2 islands (Malden has those stupid bush forests)

Yep I remember once in a LAN game I was driving the jeep with the gun on the back through a forest at nearly full speed and I ran in to about 6 guys from the other side in the middle of the forest so my gunner started firing it took about 8 minutes to escape and we only killed 4 of them. Well I ran over 1 one of them but the other two had laws so well when the first rocket flew past I decide it would be a good time to drive like a mad man.