Sign in to follow this  
maka12

Graphics setup

Hi can anyone tell me what to set my graphics on or tips for smoother frame rate? arma2 is running very sluggish and choppy, when i turn it goes blurry, i am running game on high settings, my machine should cope with this .

i have i hign end machine with all the latest drivers my spec

amd phenom 2 x4 955 black edition

crosshair 3 mother board

8gm ram

radeon ati 4870 x2 2gb

windows vista 64 ultimate

anyone give me any info

thanks alot

Disable Post Process Effects in video options to get rid of blurriness.

Yeah your GPU is pretty strong, but remember there are plenty of people with 4870X2s and GTX295s who aren't getting huge FPS with ArmA2.

See my sig for my hardware/ ArmA performance. With the above comment, I might actually turn down the post process FX (I didn't know what that was previously) as the blur sometimes gets to me.

I've also been playing in Vista 64 but after reading multiple comments about how the game seems to run better in XP, I'm planning a re-install tonight on XP (I have XP32 and Vista64 dual boot).

Jero.

got the blur off but game still runs bad, wonder what sort of system the team who made game were using , cause mine struggles. it seemed to play ok for the first 2 missions, it was the 3rd what killed it, the one where you got to kill sniper on roof, got to run game on normal to get decent frame rate and it looks terrible, looks like operation flashpoint 1. spent over a thousand pound on my system and cannot run a game smooth gonna try and get refund for this game, and wait on op2 .

amd phenom 2 x4 955 black edition => Known to cause troubles

crosshair 3 mother board

8gm ram => Definitely causing troubles

radeon ati 4870 x2 2gb => known to cause troubles

windows vista 64 ultimate => known to cause troubles

anyone give me any info

thanks alot

AFAIK your processor (Phenom II) is causing troubles ... at least some other ppl in this forum reported so. I'm not further informed about this issue cause I got an Intel.. so you might want to use the search function

Your RAM definitely causes troule. Arma2 atm has the problem that the gfx-card (along with the RAM) is maldetected when you got 8 Gigs (localVRAM and nonlocalVRAm totally screw up).

There are several solutions to this problem. The issue will be wholly solved (hopefully) with the next patch, though. So either its "Use workaround" or "wait for patch".

There are also some ppl who complained about having problems with those 2 GPU cards, expecially those high ATI cards. I'm not into this one as well due to having a nvidia chip. So again, you might want to use the search function.

Vista is also causing immense troubles. There are several reports around this forum that Win7 and WinXP are both better by miles for this game than Vista is. Some even reported a framerate increase by 15 or more fps by simply switching from Vista to Win7. So you might consider migrating to win7 as a first step.

I have a Phenom II, highend ATI cards in crossfire AND im running vista, yet my game is running fine. So it might be the 8GB bug, but otherwise your game should be running like a dream (60fps+)