Sign in to follow this  
vanchatron

dfgfdgfd

It would be fun to know peoples age on this forum, i can only speak for myself and im closing (fast) 40.

I have been playing games since the 80s and all the new "blockbuster" games nowdays feels like "been there done that".

Upp until the late 90s it felt like games was progressing and evolving but then suddenly stopped, it was like a new generation gamers came and the gaming industry started over again only with prettier graphics.

I have always liked simulations and seen the progress they have made. There are still some developed thanks to BI and others but many has fallen for the temptation of bigger profits in the "mainstrem" sector. The sims today are very complex and come as a shock to a "mainstreem" gamer but to people like me they are simply an advancement of the genre.

What i dont understand is why some people are so singleminded that they want every new game to be exactly like the one before.

OP of this thread seems to be questioning why Arma2 isnt more like Bf2 or Cod4 when the only resemblence is that it contains soldiers and tanks. Same thing with people that are playing Nfs or Grid are complaining over the Gtr series or Rfactor for being "slow" or to hard. All games doesnt need to be for everybody.

The gamingindustry today are only interrested in sales and what sales is pretty graphics sadly (not that i dont like pretty graphics but you know what i mean).

21 and while I am not quite as old as you are and have a much more limited experience when it comes to games I do agree with you.

Yup, this is not the game for the thread starter. It is however the game for me. There are plenty of other games out there for the twitchers among us. But for those of us who like what ARMA has to offer, we got either ARMA 2, or FP 2. And even FP 2 looks suspect. Pretty slim pickings really. Compared to your BFs and CODs etc etc etc.

I gotta say that I am not a twitch game fan. But ya don`t see simmers going into the twitch game threads complaining cause... "I take it this game isn`t for us simmers". Get me? But if 1 sim type game ala ARMA 2 shows up, and it ain`t twitch friendly????? Eh???

This game isn´t a 1st person shooter, most close to that experience is the vehicle and airplane-heli gameplay in arma 2 but the core of the game is all about infantery.

Standar 1st person shooters fans will not like this game unless they have huge PC gaming background in a lot of genres (RPG, flight sims, RTS to name a few).

There could be superhardcore military themed game´s fans that dont play anything but Arma, but i think to apreciate this game in full extension you have to understand and love the basics of some PC genres.

For example i have no doubt that a person who loves Oblivion, IL-2 series and Commandos RTS games will love this one, but for example COD, BF2 fans if they dont have some gaming background apart from shooters could not.

That said, I still enjoy 1st person shooters, but arma is another thing.

To me the logic is simple, if you manage the simulator, other arcade style FPS are easy to play with.

My first FPS game was OFP, I played hours after hours when I managed to get some spare time from my studies and job. Then I moved on to BF series and COD 4, the skill and experience you learn from simulator really helps in those games. And now I'm playing ArmA2, despite a few bugs and graphics issues, I have been waiting for this for a long long time.

I am also hoping that Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will not be too arcade.

Because it is for the people who want "THAT MUCH realism". AKA, not you?

There are a lot of people here who hate unrealistic simplistic action games like BF2.

count me as one of them.. thats for damned sure.

Because used properly with proper scenarios, it can teach you signs to look out for in a battlefield, along with teaching you to not do stupid things. Why do you think militaries use products such as VBS 2 and Steel Beasts Pro/Pro PE. It's because they help reinforce how to properly move and work in a unit.

*facepalm*