Sign in to follow this  
choC

Armory Missions..

I was just wondering if anybody here plays this mode enjoyably, particularly the rifle missions.

I'm finding it extremely hard to complete 'Search & Destroy', 'Defend this Position' and 'Steal this item' missions.

Has anybody got any pointers apart from using cover, choosing shots wisely and not running & gunning? At this point in time I don't see how it's possible to hike 1km, recon the area and clear several enemies without being shot; within a bloody time limit!

I always knock off one or two enemies and get shot by some unseen troops. Either that or I get totally overrun in 'Defend this position' missions as I'm merely one unit attempting to hold of half a dozen enemy AI closing in on me from several directions.

Help! :(

Has anybody got any pointers apart from using cover, choosing shots wisely and not running & gunning?

'Nuff said?

'Nuff said?

Definitely not, otherwise I wouldn't have made this post :whistle:

I'll explain my last scenario and see if you could have done anything better...

AKM Mission:

I was told to go steal a gun from an enemy encampment 420m away in an open field in under 10 minutes. There was barely any tree cover; only some small shrubs and a broken down stone fence. I jogged in crouch position from shrub to shrub while using my binoculars to try and scout the encampment whenever I stopped moving. I then moved to the stone barrier which was roughly 100m from the objective and spotted one soldier. He also spotted me running to the fence and opened fire, but I shot and killed him.

I then proceded to move up to the encampment which consisted of one tent, a humvee and the gun which I didn't get to find because upon walking up to the tent, I saw two enemies running to my position roughly 50m away. I moved behind the nearest cover which was the humvee and they proceeded to suppress me with heavy fire. I then tried leaning around the corner to pick one off but I got shot in the hand and my accuracy went out the window. As you probably guessed, I was outflanked and shot dead within seconds.

What could I have done better?

Edited by choC

I find it very enjoyable, manage to steal some item, but the mission being hunted is definately very hard... it seems easy, just stay hidden most of the time, a resist the temptation to shoot... but I want to shoot things, so I fail miserably.

I usually play in UTES, so normally the mission really close to you... more like 500-700m. maybe less. About pointers, as for me, play more often.. you'll get the hang of it. It is a bit of run n gun, but not really. more like a hostage rescue mission. stealth is necessary, and also a fast reflex... but I dont think spawned enemy is really a lot... so you usually wont have much trouble...

Play armory with tanks, helicopters, jets, APCs until you'll get the DMR or another sniper. Open fields will become your advantage then... OK, maybe too easy, but time limited attacks with AK are indeed too hard.

Armoury part of the game I really like, yeah some of the stuff is silly/hard (like put x amount of distance between your current position when you are a goat lol) but if I fail it I just carry on and wait for the next task.

Some goals cannot be achieved with some entities. There are aswell side challenges which appear within a main challenge which cannot be completed.

All the challenge seem also to appear randomly, no matter what entity you have chosen.