Sign in to follow this  
Longshot

Flying at Night !!! Can't see jack

When you get out in to the rural areas where you have almost no light pollution and there's no moon (e.g. heavy clouds or dense forrest, no snow or light dots) it can get so dark that you only see outlines on the horizon and even seeing 3ft ahead is tough.

I've had problems following a mine cleared path marked with blue paiting on stones every 2-3m even with NVGs (old ones though).

When I used the 7bravo's in the 2003 Iraq invasion I couldn't see a damn thing during some nights. We used IR strobes to follow eachother in the convoys and I had times where all I could see was the IR strobe, ended up driving through several tank trap ditches because of that.

I was playing warfare with a friend, both of us were flying mi-24D. I could't see anything out there but my friend told me that he could see even small objects.

So I started to play with graphical options, first on nvidia pannel, then in the in-game graphical menu. Just for trying, I changed 3d resolution from 1440x900 (my screen's native resolution) to 1(whatever)x1080.

From that moment I can fly choppers at night. 3D resolution under "whatever"x1080 means pitch black.

I can record a video if you wish to illustrate the issue (in my case).