Sign in to follow this  
jokkers

Would love some Guides / help

Hey ive been playing around in the editor for a while now. been able to create some pretty fun cenarios with all kind of stuff flying around.

I scrolled through the forum here for tips and info and found out that you could create a cenario that would allow me to become a commander and build units ingame using the factorys and so on. Kinda like an Rts but first person

So heres the cenario i would like to create. a multiplayer map for me and my friend just 1vs1.

2 bases one Us and one Rus and i would love being able to start out with just 1 construction site and from there building my base. add prices to units and buildings and putting out ransoms for killing enemy ai soldiers.

is it insanley hard to create something like this?

if any1 would be so kind to explain the basis of it just so i could get started or point me in the direction of an guide/post that explains it and i would be ethernaly grateful :). Im a big fan of learn by doing so just the ground rules then i can carry on from there :)

Thanks in advance Jokkers

Hey ive been playing around in the editor for a while now. been able to create some pretty fun cenarios with all kind of stuff flying around.

I scrolled through the forum here for tips and info and found out that you could create a cenario that would allow me to become a commander and build units ingame using the factorys and so on. Kinda like an Rts but first person

So heres the cenario i would like to create. a multiplayer map for me and my friend just 1vs1.

2 bases one Us and one Rus and i would love being able to start out with just 1 construction site and from there building my base. add prices to units and buildings and putting out ransoms for killing enemy ai soldiers.

is it insanley hard to create something like this?

if any1 would be so kind to explain the basis of it just so i could get started or point me in the direction of an guide/post that explains it and i would be ethernaly grateful :). Im a big fan of learn by doing so just the ground rules then i can carry on from there :)

Thanks in advance Jokkers

Not hard. Just open up some of the BIS MP Warfare/Construction scenarios in the Editor. You can pretty much learn how to create your mission that way. I'm doing this with the SP scenarios and I'm learning a ton.

Check these links as well:

Main link for Modules Biki:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA_2:_Editor_Modules

Construction:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Construction_Interface

cool thanks a million :) will check it out asap

quick question. In the editor there is a module called warfare. when i try to start my map with that module it dosent start or have a very long load time wich is strange because all the other load times in and out of editor / game is like 4 seconds

What does that module do?

Edited by jokkers

How come every time i try to start a edited map with the Warfare module it never get passed the load screen? >.<

How come every time i try to start a edited map with the Warfare module it never get passed the load screen? >.<

I am having the same problem too. Also I didn't find much info on these forums about it yet. I guess will have to wait. :confused:

If I drop a Warfare module onto the map, I never get past this screen...

newbugs006-warfaremodule.jpg

This can teach you the basics. Originally, it was written for ArmA but most of the stuff is working in ArmA 2 as well.

Edit: Ohps, sry i didn't see LJF's post.

Ive done a search for a guide on creating MP missions, im sure ive seen one in the past on here (cant find bookmark). Is there a guide with dos and donts for creating a MP map as far as making a mission that runs smoothly with little lag as possible from the mission itself? (ie. running too many scripts or triggers/waypoints etc)

Obviously less of everything is better, but you dont want to go so far as to have too simple and boring mission for the sake of keeping lag down. So a guide on how to get around lag issues but at the same time have an interesting mission would be good.

Which causes lag more more waypoints than triggers or the other way round? Is it better to spawn in AI after a trigger is fired, than to have all AI placed on map at start (what i hate about AI being spawned ingame, is the slight loading pause that gives it away to the player to expect some AI to be around close by.)

Daza