Sign in to follow this  
scener

Too few enemy units

Is it just me who thinks there are too few enemy units?

Every village is so empty that all I do is just standing next to strong point to capture it. Nothing more, nothing less.

This kind of game is mostly about killing enemies, but they are rarely seen in this game. :rolleyes:

Just now in a server I faced 10+ armoured vehicles. Alone. On foot. With no AT :p

You might want to tell what mission you're playing.

If you're playing a custom made mission by yourself consisting of only the player with no enemies, I can understand your complaint.

Some guy told me a few years ago that war is boring....

But seriously, this is not about killing enemies. To me it's more about trying to survive. There's also an excellent editor which allows you to create your own missions with your desired number of enemies. Check it out, though you'll probably find out that more enemies equals smaller chance of surviving.

But seriously, this is not about killing enemies. To me it's more about trying to survive. There's also an excellent editor which allows you to create your own missions with your desired number of enemies. Check it out, though you'll probably find out that more enemies equals smaller chance of surviving.

More enemies will definitely make the game more challenging and hard to beat.

But current game doesn't give me much of a challenge due to lack of enemy units. That's what I think.

You might want to tell what mission you're playing.

Dogs of War.

Yeah just wait until you get to the last enemy villages, where the enemy as the HQ's and all that, then you will be pretty much alone destroying several armored vehicles, lots of infantry etc...

Some guy told me a few years ago that war is boring....

Now, that sounds familiar...

Koslowski: "War is boring. Anyone else bored?"

Other Guy: "You should learn to appreciate any downtime. It makes combat more exciting."

Koslowski: "OK, I spy with my little eye, something beginning with... G."

Other Guy: "Gun?"

Koslowski: "Er... No, it's not gun."

Other Guy: "It's gun! I saw you looking at it. Jeez, you even cheat at I-Spy."

Koslowski: "It's not gun, it's... jeep."

Other Guy: "Jeep doesn't start with G, you meathead."

Koslowski: "OK, OK, not jeep, I mean... grass."

Other Guy: "Grass!?!"

[srgt. Berghof arrives and interrupts the scene]

You have just inspired me to pick up Operation Flashpoint again! :D

You have just inspired me to pick up Operation Flashpoint again! :D

Yeah, OFP had satisfactorily many enemy units to kill.

What ArmA 2 urgently needs for the proper gameplay is not fixing trifling bugs, but adding much more enemy units to the missions.

Where is it too few enemies?

Mission designer decides how many enemies you meet. In my missions theres shit loads. So again - wth do you mean by too little soldiers?

Learn the editor or give ideas to mission makers. We dont have a limit on AI's this time around - only hardware stops the number as in too low FPS when meeting 2000 AI.

EDIT: Dogs of war... Maybe add what you mean from start.

Dogs of war is a giant sp warfare mission. The problem isn't that there are too few enemies. The problem is that an AI commander is trying to spread troops over 10 towns (i think it might be more than that two!) I find the non warfare missions to be quite adequate.

Mission designer decides how many enemies you meet.

It may be true, but it's us who decide whether their decision is right or wrong.

Yeah, OFP had satisfactorily many enemy units to kill.

What ArmA 2 urgently needs for the proper gameplay is not fixing trifling bugs, but adding much more enemy units to the missions.

ofp was about massive battles on an open plain, cold war style.

I just made my own mission with dozens of friendly and hostile units and had a massive and chaotic battle.

Yes, I realized it would be wise to make my own mission with tons of units than wait for the imaginary patch unlikely to be released.

so your complaint was actually:

"Waaaa I don't like one of the missions in the single player campaign" which is a TINY part of what the game is capable of.

Your last post shows that you've finally got the idea. Well done.

If you don't like something in this game that's as simple as not having enough shooty shooty, make a mission that does. End of discussion.