Sign in to follow this  
Junker

Particle templates

wheres the templates, i can only find Arma ones and they are outdated..

Need updates please :)

Just depbo the CA.PBO from ArmA2 and you will find your templates.

ArmA2 uses an universal particleeffect.

For blood i use this setting:

_PS1 setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 7, 48], "", "Billboard", 1, 6, [0, 0, 0.5], [0, 0, 0], 0, 25, 1, 0, [1,30],[[1,0,0,0.8],[1,0,0,0]], [0.5,0.5,0], 1, 1, "", "", center];

Aside from the "universal" - thing, particles are still pretty much the same as before.

Using "SpaceObject" instead of "Billboard" is interesting, as it allows you to use 3dmodels as particles. Problem is, the orientation seems to be set randomly, I've not found a way to rotate the particle yet. (does anyone know more about this ?)

Also, I've noticed an strange bug with Particles, especially if you use big particles.:

Depending on your direction of view (up/down), the particles will shift. That for examples leads to the effect that the fog I've created with particles dissappears in the ground when I look upwards. Very strange, I wonder if there's a fix for this.

Anything else you need to know about particles ?

Aside from the "universal" - thing, particles are still pretty much the same as before.

Using "SpaceObject" instead of "Billboard" is interesting, as it allows you to use 3dmodels as particles.[/b])

Also, I've noticed an strange bug with Particles, especially if you use big particles.:

Depending on your direction of view (up/down), the particles will shift. That for examples leads to the effect that the fog I've created with particles dissappears in the ground when I look upwards. Very strange, I wonder if there's a fix for this.

3D Objects with Spaceobject is not new in ArmA2....

The bug that effects disappear, when you look not directly at them is very common in games. Its some kind of bad way to save performance. If you cant see the particle it wont be rendered, but if it is a very big particle you cant see the center and just a side of the particle, but the engine thinks its not on your screen anymore.

3D Objects with Spaceobject is not new in ArmA2....

The bug that effects disappear, when you look not directly at them is very common in games. Its some kind of bad way to save performance. If you cant see the particle it wont be rendered, but if it is a very big particle you cant see the center and just a side of the particle, but the engine thinks its not on your screen anymore.

Never said SpaceObject is new ;)

Well I'm not saying that particles disappear because they're out of the screen. What I'm saying is, that they change their world-position based on your viewing-angle. The particle actually MOVES under the ground if I look up, which is what makes it disappear. That particle-visibility is rendered based on the center of the particle is not new.

I can acutally have an particle floating a few centimeters over the ground and when I look up it magically moves down. On the opposite if I look down, it floats higher.

what im more interested in is the path names :-

"\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal"

and a reference like the arma one :-

Particles.jpg

[["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", [color="Red"]16, 7, 48[/color]]

everything else i know about :)

You know you can easily look this up

a) in the config

b) in the "universal" billboard, by converting it

Also there is some other interesting stuff in the ParticleEffects-folder. Like some basic shapes that can be useful for certain particle effects.

I'd post some, but I have no ArmA here right now.

Edited by Tajin

reason i wanna know is because i was working on a sci fi type mission in arma and maybe convert it into arma 2 if i can :)

small video

Using "SpaceObject" instead of "Billboard" is interesting, as it allows you to use 3dmodels as particles. Problem is, the orientation seems to be set randomly, I've not found a way to rotate the particle yet. (does anyone know more about this ?)

Anything else you need to know about particles ?

yes!! i'm a total newcomer to particle effects, i just want to know how to make a downed chopper have thick black smoke coming from it.. as for a mission i need the players to use the smoke as reference

i tried this:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ParticleTemplates

but its for Arma1 and the reference to were the effect is is wrong

i soo need help lol

Hi,

I need help about particles, too.

I managed to get the particles to work. Now I have 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to set a glow effect for the particles so that they glow at night?

2) I want to create a particle which flies from one position directly to another position without being influenced by something.

@[ODA]Sgt.Rodders

put the code into a scriptfile and execute it : [obj] exec "skript.sqs" obj is a object for the smoke origin

_OBJ = _this select 0

_PS = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _OBJ;

_PS setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 7, 48], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, 0, 0.5], [0, 0, 10], 0, 25, 1, 0, [1,30],[[0.1,0,0,0],[0.3,0,0,0.3]], [0.5,0.5,0], 1, 1, "", "", center];
_PS setDropInterval 0.05;

Now try this tutorial to get information about what the params mean. Try to adjust them and it should smoke over you heli. http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=38&page=0&cat=xyz

Edited by -=Firewall=-

Hi,

I need help about particles, too.

I managed to get the particles to work. Now I have 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to set a glow effect for the particles so that they glow at night?

2) I want to create a particle which flies from one position directly to another position without being influenced by something.

@[ODA]Sgt.Rodders

put the code into a scriptfile and execute it : [obj] exec "skript.sqs" obj is a object for the smoke origin

_OBJ = _this select 0

_PS setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 7, 48], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, 0, 0.5], [0, 0, 10], 0, 25, 1, 0, [1,30],[[0.1,0,0,0],[0.3,0,0,0.3]], [0.5,0.5,0], 1, 1, "", "", center];

Now try this tutorial to get information about what the params mean. Try to adjust them and it should smoke over you heli. http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=38&page=0&cat=xyz

muchio graciass :D

Hi,

@[ODA]Sgt.Rodders

_OBJ = _this select 0

i put this in my init.sqf

_OBJ = GameLogicOne;
_PS setDropInterval 0.05;_ps setParticleCircle [0, [0, 0, 0]];
_ps setParticleRandom [0, [0.25, 0.25, 0], [0.2, 0.2, 0], 0, 0.25, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 8, 3, 1], "", "Billboard", 1, 8, [0, 0, 0], [0, 0, 1.5], 0, 10, 7.9, 0.066, [1, 3, 6], [[0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.15], [0.75, 0.75, 0.75, 0.075], [1, 1, 1, 0]], [0.125], 1, 0, "", "", _OBJ];
_ps setDropInterval 0.05;

And placed a game logic called GameLogicOne over downed helo

it works great helo is smoking but the colour is all wrong, i dont know whichparts to change for colour??

;) You could find this information in the tutorial I mentioned.

Here is a short abridgement form this tutorial: http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=38&page=0&cat=xyz

Drop [shapeName, AnimationName, Type, TimerPeriod, LifeTime, Position, MoveVelocity, RotationVelocity, Weight, Volume, Rubbing, Size, Color, AnimationPhase, RandomDirectionPeriod, RandomDirectionIntensity, OnTimer, BeforeDestroy, Object]

The Color is number 13 of the params: [[0.1,0,0,0],[0.3,0,0,0.3]]

First part is the (starting?) color, second part seems to be the color change of the particles. :)

Can anyone plz find the right parmeters for smoke and post it up..im going crazy playing with the different numbers :banghead:

_OBJ = GameLogicOne;
_PS setDropInterval 0.05;_ps setParticleCircle [0, [0, 0, 0]];
_ps setParticleRandom [0, [0.25, 0.25, 0], [0.2, 0.2, 0], 0, 0.25, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 8, 3, 1], "", "Billboard", 1, 8, [0, 0, 0], [0, 0, 1.5], 0, 10, 7.9, 0.066, [1, 3, 6], [font="Arial Black"][b][[0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.15], [0.75, 0.75, 0.75, 0.075], [1, 1, 1, 0]],[/b][/font] [0.125], 1, 0, "", "", _OBJ];
_ps setDropInterval 0.05;

Ere ive highlighted the color params for you.

0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.15 = Red, Green, Blue & Alpha Channels.

Put a - infront of the alpha so it looks like this -0.15 to give it a glow effect for whoever wanted to that.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Thank you

but i could do with the whole thing doing for smoke? ive tried messing and just end up with a mess i dont know what i'm changing