Sign in to follow this  
THEBLITZ6794

[WiP] dday june 6th, 2009 0600

you are part of the 200 man garrison defending utes island. an estimated 1200 man strong attack force in the latest generation of rubber boat design...and btr design...and bigger shit is landing the western beaches. 3 platoons of infantry are in positon.

we have barbed wire on the beach and a wall of low ramparts. 60 men are manning those positions, every 4th has an auto rifle (SAW). there are also 9 50 cals in 2 round positions and several towers. you lead our mobile reserve, which consists of only your squad. i suggest keeping your head down. the first wave is estimated to be 300 men! they will mainly be under trained draftees and conscripts. after that we will face real soldiers.

*the numbers for the russians arent perfect but there are 69 american ai besides you and your squad. it IS a conisedence (SP).

**im warning you now there could be up to 600 men and all will be blasting away! most wont survive past round 1 and it really depends on luck.

i will finish this. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Edited by THEBLITZ6794

so ill take it go co-op online?? ... core wait...

nope. SP first, coop if i feel like it

darn would of been awsome co-op... but fair enough ill stil give it a go.

seeing as it would take 10 minutes to convert to coop, itll happen. but its designed for SP.

it keeps crashing though. i made a thread in troubleshooting. plz, help.

Look in your Arma2.rpt file for clues if it's crashing.

Here for info:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

Or, if it's crashing after exactly 2 seconds as you say in your TS thread I would suspect you have a script running that has an error after 2 seconds. ;)

Or, put a download link up so someone can have a look at it.

Look in your Arma2.rpt file for clues if it's crashing.

Here for info:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

Or, if it's crashing after exactly 2 seconds as you say in your TS thread I would suspect you have a script running that has an error after 2 seconds. ;)

Or, put a download link up so someone can have a look at it.

theres about 20 american guys who are standing and theyre scripted to stand only.

10 downloads, then rapid share removes this alpha

http://rapidshare.com/files/256236773/mission.sqm.html

Curiouser and curiouser.

I've had a quick look and there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong, quite annoying to test though, eh?

Curiouser and curiouser.

I've had a quick look and there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong, quite annoying to test though, eh?

i tried it on a different comp (it was a variation where ur russians and i forgot to save and it crashed). its not the pc.

Sorry, just read my previous reply and it was a bit vague.

The mission is crashing for me and I can't see anything obviously wrong with the mission.

I'm having a tinker now.

i think it needs a module.

btw, it will be drastically different than this version. im mainly testing how strong the defenses are (i figured 4 squads at first and work my way up to the point where ur overwhelmed but only slightly)

I think I have the answer but I'm ready to proved wrong.

As bizarre as it sounds I think it's because you have units that are starting near the sea, IIRC there was an early bug with Arma1 that would cause a similar thing.

If you cut and paste all of your dudes to the airport you get no crashes.

I think I have the answer but I'm ready to proved wrong.

As bizarre as it sounds I think it's because you have units that are starting near the sea, IIRC there was an early bug with Arma1 that would cause a similar thing.

If you cut and paste all of your dudes to the airport you get no crashes.

wut if i put them on boats?

putting them in the airport worked.

thx!!!!!!!

Edited by THEBLITZ6794

wut if i put them on boats?

Don't know, try it and find out. :)

That would lead you into the nightmare of getting AI to disembark boats effectively though, haven't tried it in AA2 but in AA1 it was about as much fun as getting kicked in the love spuds by Chuck Norris.

putting them in the airport worked.

thx!!!!!!!

Pleasure.

:)

Don't know, try it and find out. :)

That would lead you into the nightmare of getting AI to disembark boats effectively though, haven't tried it in AA2 but in AA1 it was about as much fun as getting kicked in the love spuds by Chuck Norris.

Pleasure.

:)

how does one effectively make the ai do an amphibious assault?

its coming along very nicely now.

i have 2 questions for you all:

should i keep it simple (no story, just fight for ur life)

should it be winnable or a last stand