Sign in to follow this  
Benno88

ATi 4890 - Can i get VSync off AND "-winxp"

Like the title says, I want both to run. -winxp gives me a performance boost, and having Vsync off makes it less floaty feeling.

To disable Vsync, i use ATiTrayTools. With the game profile and the Vista work around (i am on Win7). However, in order to properly launch this i need to go through AtiTrayTools and launch the game profile; creating a shortcut for th desktop doesnt seem to make Vsync stay off.

So I tried putting "-winxp" in the Parameters part of the game profile, however loading up the game Vsync doesnt stay off. (this works, because putting -nosplash gets rid of the start up movies)

What should i be doing? Is it possible?

Thanks

Make att game profile and force vsync off then add -winxp to game own shortcut. No need to go through att. Works for me hd4890 + win7 64bit.

Ok.

So make a game profile, force off Vsync. Click the create shortcut. Then add -winxp to the shortcuts Target bit?

Do you have CCC installed aswell? Or should i just have the bare drivers and ATT?

PS. You running it ok? What settings/tweaks etc?

Cheers

whats the point of that?

I am running a 4890 and just using it out the box with arma2 out the box, and all appears ok.

Do these things make it even faster?

Thats the point dude.

Not getting the performance I would like.

The game needs some serious optimisation, in the meantime, tweaking is required to get decent performance with at least some eye candy on.

Has anyone on vista 64 been able to disable vsync through ATT? I have it forced off in both CCC and ATT and im still capped @ 60fps on the menu screen and when i look at the ground/sky ingame. I'm looking for ati users only of course, I hear the nvidia control panel works just fine.

Has anyone on vista 64 been able to disable vsync through ATT? I have it forced off in both CCC and ATT and im still capped @ 60fps on the menu screen and when i look at the ground/sky ingame. I'm looking for ati users only of course, I hear the nvidia control panel works just fine.

Have exactly the same problem! Even if I choose the "always off" setting in Catalyst Control Center (CCC) it's still capped at 60fps :(

ccc vsync thing doesn't work (at least in arma2). Att works for me... not sure if rivaturner or similar works too.

I also noticed that att force vsync off doesn't work if i don't use -winxp parameter.

It happens with me in Windows 7 (32). I've XP (32) installed in another partition and works well, no cap. With Windows 7 stays capped at 85 (my refresh rate). Uninstalled 9.6 drivers and used 9.7 leaked same cap. Uninstalled CCC and used ATTools and it didn't worked. I'm unable to remove the cap.

I'll try late -winxp but I tought that was only for 64bits OS.

Edited by Von_Paulus

It can't be the drivers... between 9.4 and 9.7 all works. You guys sure you're doing it right? make game profile-> direct3d tweaks and force vsync off-> save profile.

I tested with xp 32bit. It worked without -winxp

Edited by Machinist

It can't be the drivers... between 9.4 and 9.7 all works. You guys sure you're doing it right? make game profile-> direct3d tweaks and force vsync off-> save profile.

I tested with xp 32bit. It worked without -winxp

This problem only happens in Vista and 7, I think. -winxp is not used in XP.

I find that ATi Tray Tools does work in forcing vsync off if you make a profile, however only if the fill rate is set the same as the resolution.. I find I have to go into the main menu of game, reset fill rate back to the same as resolution then exit game.. then restart the game via ATT profile, vsync will now be off and can raise the fill rate back to 150% etc and vsync will stay off..

So every time I exit the game I need to set fill rate to match resolution, then after I start the game set the fill rate back to the desired resolution and vsync will stay off.

Edited by demowhc

Profile with ATT or /and using -winxp it doesn't work. I'm always capped. Except in Windows XP.

Ah sorry, havent kept track of this thread.

With ATT, create a profile. Then one of the tabs mentions "Vsync" in it somewhere. Click the "Vista Workaround" check box to get it to work.

I just can't see what you guys are checking to shut off v-sync in ATT. The only 2 options I see are Force V-Sync (ON) Vista Workaround and enable Triple buffering in the profile section. I've also tried Rivatuner and their "Enable Refresh Overide" but when I change the V-Sync value I don't get the option to 'Apply'. Very frustrating. I've done everything else mentioned in this thread: -winxp;bitrate at 100%

Using W7 64bit and need help.

I found 'turn off Vsync' in the custom settings as well as the D3d Overide -both are checked yet my Arma2 always shoots to that 75 fps upon loading and looking at sea/sky :( Am I missing something here?

Edited by froggyluv

Sorry didnt read second page of thread, my post is useless and i cannot delete it.

Edited by [TwK]Danny

download d3doverrider from Rivatuner and create arma.exe profile with vsync and tripple buffering off and add -winxp to the shortcut.