Sign in to follow this  
Evil_sob

arma 2 crashes hard and fast, R.I.P. arma 2!!!

i love the arma franchise but this is to much for even a fanatic to take! game crashes every few mins in online play, and now i got an error saying some script is missing, and game crashes every time i start it up! i have no clue what happening . i have no issues with any other game , my drivers are up to date, and my system spec is way beyond anything this game requires, and i still CANNOT PLAY! bohemia, what the hell where you thinking releasing this unfinished, non functional game!

now i will no doubt have to reinstall the damn thing just to get it to work again! why is the game deleteing crucial scripts for no apparent reason.

if any1 knows why this is happening and how it may be prevented, please tell me before i pull my hair out and smash my worthless arma 2 disc. any help wud be appriciated

system specs:

amd phenom quad black edition running at 3.0

dual ati hd 2gb 4870 x2's (crossfire x set up)

16 gigs ddr3 200o+ mhz

motherboard using the 790fx chipset

os: vista ultimate 32 and xp and linux and windows7 (quad multi boot)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What O/S did you run the game on? or have you tried on all Microsoft O/S's you have installed?

i love the arma franchise but this is to much for even a fanatic to take! game crashes every few mins in online play, and now i got an error saying some script is missing, and game crashes every time i start it up! i have no clue what happening . i have no issues with any other game , my drivers are up to date, and my system spec is way beyond anything this game requires, and i still CANNOT PLAY! bohemia, what the hell where you thinking releasing this unfinished, non functional game!

now i will no doubt have to reinstall the damn thing just to get it to work again! why is the game deleteing crucial scripts for no apparent reason.

if any1 knows why this is happening and how it may be prevented, please tell me before i pull my hair out and smash my worthless arma 2 disc. any help wud be appriciated

system specs:

amd phenom quad black edition running at 3.0

dual ati hd 2gb 4870 x2's (crossfire x set up)

16 gigs ddr3 200o+ mhz

motherboard using the 790fx chipset

os: vista ultimate 32 and xp and linux and windows7 (quad multi boot)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

First up, not everyone is experiencing such a huge amount of failure. Me included.

It's clear that there's something fundamentally wrong if you're CTDing after a few minutes of gameplay and then start to get missing script errors.

Tried a complete unintall and reinstall/patch yet? If there were something fundamentally wrong with the Arma2 code i'm sure we'd all be getting exactly the same problem so start to eliminate the obvious and that will give you a clearer picture.

clearly you didnt browse the forums before making that post, id estimate 85% of people playing this game are encountering regular bugs including script errors, massive de-sync etc etc etc, if you ever encountered a bugged mission, that is a script error! id also say you aint played online yet either, coz EVERY1 is having issue with it online, falling out of helicopters, guns despawning when you get out of chopper, massive desyns and oss of connection, even when using a high speed net, tunnelled to server in conjunction with a killer nic which bypass's the windows stack (which i have) etc etc etc. this game is massively faulty, if you have not had any issues, consider yourself lucky, but be prepared to suffer some sooner or later. :j:

to the guy asked which op sys i ran it on, i tried both xp and vista, but vista is my main op sys atm, and its the one i want to run it on, i dont have to boot into another op sys and shut down my p2p and stuff like that to play one game.:confused:

i have not tried an reinstall, coz i want to know why the issue is happening before doing that only to have it happen again. a reinstall may fix it, it wont explain why it happened in the first place, and if i dont know why it happened, how can i prevent it?

Edited by Evil_sob
bad spelling

Haven't had any scripting errors myself so not sure if I can help you there. Checked with all my mates that play and they haven't encountered any major issues either, so no help there as well.

As for Multiplayer though, yep, always got major lag/desync there.

Mine only CTD's and has Errors when i'm starting to really enjoy playing so i solved that by not enjoying myself. Simple

I feel your frustration i myself are really close to the point of throwing the game in a really dark corner in my house. Been playing OFP and arma for years now but this game is a freaking nightmare bug and stabilitywise. Gameplay is awsome etc and im enjoying it WHEN i can play but serious these random CTD's without a message are getting F@#$%^G annoying.

Guess we have to wait for a bit and see what the next patch will bring us

Guess we have to wait for a bit and see what the next patch will bring us

Yep, but without having tred everything to get it running I dont think I'm at peace with myself ;)

What OS are you running?

Asked differently: Are any _XP-users_ experiencing CTD's and BSOD's ? Now I think THAT yould be interesting...

I find it strange that people with such hi end pc's,way above the recommended specs are having trouble just playing this game...there is something seriously wrong with the coding.

I'm running it with a 2.8ghz dual core,9500gt,4 gb of ram,on XP SP3...but i haven't had one crash as yet.

[Tried a complete unintall and reinstall/patch yet? If there were something fundamentally wrong with the Arma2 code i'm sure we'd all be getting exactly the same problem so start to eliminate the obvious and that will give you a clearer picture.

as far as i know its not possible to uninstall the patch alone, never has been, even with arma 1. only to uninsrtall the whole thing and reinstall / re-patch

think that's what he meant, a reinstall then patch.

I'm not sure what the issue seems to be, but it looks like there could be many causes.

A lot of people have had the crash under xp and switching to windows 7 has fixed it, then again, a lot have had the crash under vista/7 and xp has worked fine. The switch there would suggest that it's not the o/s but a driver or piece of software installed on the o/s that's causing the problem.

In many cases people under clocking their CPUs or blowing a fan in the side of their case, even when the CPU wasn't overheating, has fixed the issue.

Some people even found that reinstalling as admininstrator worked for them.

There's many other fixes that worked, but in many cases none of these fixes work, so it's hard to locate the core of the problem.