Sign in to follow this  
merlin851526

Admins stay the course

I just want to say to all the fellow admins out there to stay the course and do not allow, what is in my opinion a significant number of petulant children to destroy ARMA 2 multiplayer.Just tonight we had to spend quite some time in removing a collection of utter morons from our public server and remove them we did.They ranged from the usual suspects such as i wanna fly why cant i get in the Cobra and then Teamkilling the pilot. Teamkilling entire squads in black hawks as they took off from the airport.Destroying assets at the base.And last but not least ramming aircraft as they take off.Now i don't want people to misunderstand me. With every new game there is a learning curve and we pride ourselves in going out of our way in order to help new players get the most from ARMA 2. The above instances are not the actions of people who don't know what there are doing for the most part.They are quite clearly deliberate.

Now i have been around for quite a while with regard to online gaming. Having cut my teeth with the old Medal of Honour series on a 56k modem ,long before Mr Broadband showed up:).And despite this particular longevity i have not witnessed such stupidity such petulant behaviour as i've seen since ARMA 2 hit the net.And up until recently i thought BF2 was a bad as it got:rolleyes:.However my fellow clan members and i will not be deterred and as my thread title suggests we will stay the course.I'm simply asking all the other Admins out there to do the same.I have no doubt that the excellent mod community will address the issue of a proper RCON but it will take some time im sure.We ourselves are currently working on the same issue.

So finally if you want to join us on our server where we actively encourage team play and constantly admin our server you are more than welcome.But if you are the type who just wants to cause grief, well all i can say is your stay will be a short one i guarantee it .

[DVDF]

Game type: Everything but currently playing the excellent Air Cav.

IP:193.47.83.237:2300

UK Based

Silent Warriors servers are renowned for the admin support they receive. You can even report players on our website, we then look into it via the server rpt file. If they warrant a ban they get it!

It is sad and I just can't begin to work out the point of mass TKing. I'm new to the Arma/OPF series with buying Arma2 however I'm really getting into it. I have tried now about 5 different online battles, of which one there was no teamwork, one where I had a good game and 3 in which everyone was TKing. Like the OP, I have a ton of experience in multiplayer gaming dating back to F29 Retaliator and Doom 2 on a 14.4K and a 56K modem respectively!

I have found this game to be particularly afflicted with immature idiots who think it's 'fun' to ruin everybody else's fun. These are most probably kids (I hope no adult would stoop so low), and probably the same ones who thought it was fun to pull girls' hair in the playground and to throw the football deliberately out of the school yard. Unfortunately it seems they've failed to move on and grow up.

What has been puzzling me is that Arma 2 is quite a mature game, and normally with a mature game you get mature gamers who do not feel the need to ruin it for everyone else. Arma 2 is the one game I have seen that is really badly affected by this and I can't reconcile the disparity between the target audience and the conduct of online players. It has got to the point where I really do not want to play the multiplayer for fear of wasting my time.

The other offshoot is people will now close their servers to the public, requiring password authentication. Which is a shame for all parties I believe. The other option is having admins in-game 24/7, which I believe, even with the best intentions, cannot be achieved all of the time.

It's a real shame, I just hope that at some point, these idiots will get bored and move onto the next game to ruin for others leaving the rest of us to bathe in the delights of an idiot-free multiplayer game.

Keep up the good work guys! As in any other game, if you want to keep the kiddies from ruining the experience, you have to play on a well admin'ed server. No amount of tools will replace that. The only thing that would help the situation tool-wise would be the option to reflect team damage. I LOVE that approach. There is nothing better than watching some asshat frag himself because he "wants the chopper"!

Edited by Eclipse4349

Don't worry, they'll grow tired of it within a couple of months, they allways have in the past.