Sign in to follow this  
LockDOwn

So I have played ARMA 2 for a few weeks now and have 2 points of feedback for BIS

in real life if you look over a field with grass on it and trees it only takes a glint of something shiny or a small movement of something and you know EXACTLY where your opponent is. Did you not play war games with your friends in forests as a kid? because you can often see your enemy quite easy over a bit of shrub UNLESS that shrub was massively covering your body. I remember playing tag in deep thinkets of hedges and if somebody lied down in the grass you could see them from a mile away. They had to be completely covered or behind a big bush to not be seen. I think this is quite realistic as far as vision goes. Unless your enemy is amongst MASSIVE vegetation its really easy to see people lying down in grass. Unless the grass is overly long.

And in the system we had referred to, if you moved you would be visible.

I second the suggestions proposed by the OP

We need a TRUE damage model/materials penetration system for armor/aircraft and objects.

Grass needs to be either viewed at the range of view distance, or not at all, its not fair for a player to hide in the grass only to have the enemy player see him clear as day.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

And in the system we had referred to, if you moved you would be visible.

Not if they are wearing camouflage! Its not like the players in ArmA 2 are running around in bright colored clothing and rainbows...come on