Sign in to follow this  
Heatseeker

Does Arma II call home?

I've been running Arma 2 for the past few days always around the same time and noticed that betwean 01:45/02:00 GMT Arma II stutters and freezes, then it goes away.

The first time i thought it was just a bug, the second time i thought the same but felt suspicious about it, the third time i wanted to be sure and today i confirmed it for the 4th time.

Im just asking, it could be something else though i have never experienced this before (other games) and i keep my PC very clean.

I have the 505 copy patched to the latest version and vista 32b.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

afaik the DVD doesn't call in, it only has the disk check at startup (I've run the game disconnected from the internet and it worked fine). Steam download shouldn't either. As for the other download versions I'm not sure

Strange. I'll keep an eye out for that and report back...

run a packet trace whilst youre running and see if it goes anywhere

It could be Windows Indexing, couldn't it?

Could easily be, that's why you should turn off indexing on all drives, i've been doing that for years, stops disc thrashing whenever it feels like it.

Great little known tweak for vista & xp.

probably something scheduled to happen at that time, maybe defragement or drive cleanup or something else..

Vista is usually good about not performing scheduled maintenance when the machine is in use but that is the route i'd go.

Also anything in your event logs around that time that would indicate what is happening?