Sign in to follow this  
jim85213

UAV Hellfire Targeting

I know there are other threads about this but I am still confused. How do you kill anything with a hellfire missile on a UAV? I can't seem to lock a target or anything.

It's hard sometimes since the UAV must be facing in the enemies direction to get a lock, but since we cant control it by ourselves, just hit TAB like crazy till it locks on something. You might wanna try playing with the waypoints a bit too.

I'm having a hard time too. I can get the green box on a BMP or even a Tank in Manhattan's main base, but I can shoot anything. What do I push to use the laser designator and fire a hellfire????? I'm a noob, flame away! hahaha

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

haha nevermind, I'm an idiot. I figured it out and in two shots took out the tank and BMP hahaha

I can't lock either, I've tried T and R, and both are blinded in the control settings

This is ridiculous. Any helicopter from the 90s till today 2016 can lock onto a target by the computer system, and this is suppose to be a futuristic game? You mean you have to aim at a target like the old German WW2 plains? ...lol. It's not locking because the mods you're using are probably broke thanks the new innovation of ArmA 3. I know your referring to a tank Jim, but I'm just talking about the entire behavior of this new game. Example: what I remember, you need a gunner in helicopters in ArmA3 to be able to fire. Which is totally stupid, since any modern plain or heli can fire at a target even from the computer system of HQ. The US military could do that in the 90s. So what was BIS thinking when they disabled that?  So if you're playing single player, you pretty much can't do anything with a helicopter. What a joke.

I'm flying the AH-64D mod from the CUP project.  ArmA3 is getting really frustrating. ArmA3 has some great features, the new editor is amazing and a real improvement. But It's a real disappointment that the developers have a habit of breaking mods. Point being: There are thousands of combat games out there on the net, but what makes ArmA special from the others is it's modding capability's and community development effort  that goes along with it. So I would think the last thing you would want to do as a developer is to ignore the community projects by breaking their mods. After all, it's the bread and butter right?

Its a shame that people in the community work so hard on their mods and they get broke every time a new release comes out. (which will probably be the new trend, rather than expanding on something that's already great). The game is not even fun. All I do is spend time trying to get things to work like they did in ArmA 2. By the time we figure it all out, ArmA-4 will be out and the vicious cycle will start all over again.