Sign in to follow this  
KEVBAZ

COOP->14. We Were Soldiers

Hi Folks

After catching the Arma2 bug i decied to dig up some of my old ofp missions, this we were soldiers map was made about 6-7 years i go i woudl guess.. at the time it used all vietnam addons, such as evis's origional hueys and seb's nam island.

I have painstakingly converted it to be used in arma, and after many hours labour im very happy with the result, alot (all) of the scripts had to be reworked to boot, but touch wood its working well. now onto the info....

Oh please exscuse the corny mission briefing below.. i was young and nieve hehe

WE WERE SOLDIERS

weweresoldiers.jpg

Thanks for trying this mission, it is still in early beta so expect a few bugs. please report all bugs to either directly to me at kevbaz@yahoo.com or in the forum where you found this.

c00p->14

WELCOME TO HELL SOLDIERS

Two days ago our base in Mogilevka was attacked and destroyed by enemy forces, these forces were then seen heading towards Pusta, which is believed to be an enemy base. You are to launch a counter attack on Pusta, you will be operating out of our base near the town of Balota, where you will be airlifted to a LZ a few kilometers west of Pusta, where you may or may not encounter an enemy presence. Our inteligence thinks there may be a small outpost south east of the LZ at Prigorodki, be on your guard!

The enemy are battle hardend, and their snipers are top marksmen!

Good luck soldiers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you die you will respawn at the US base near Balota, this is to simulate a medivac, you will respawn in the medic centre, here you will have to re-arm and jump onboard a chopper, then use your radio to activate the airlift (0-0-1) you will be taken back to the battlefield.

You are provided with airsupport in the way of a SINGLE airstrike.

To complete your mission you have to get to the enemy base in Pusta and raise the Stars and Stripes

WARNING DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EJECT FROM THE CHOPPERS!! YOU ARE A MARINE NOT A PARATOOPER!!!!

// Primary Objective

tskObj1 = player createSimpleTask["Raise the US flag over Pusta"];

tskObj1 setSimpleTaskDescription["You are going to have to fight your way to Pusta, expect heavy resistance on the way and in Pusta itself, once your have secured the town make sure you raise our flag!.", "Raise the US flag over Pusta", "Raise the US flag over Pusta"];

player setCurrentTask tskObj1;

// Secondary Objective

tskObj2 = player createSimpleTask["Secure Prigorodki"];

tskObj2 setSimpleTaskDescription["Intel leads us to believe the enemy are well dug in at Prigorodki, use any means necessary to eliminate these forces. We have CAS targeting the town so if you need air support during your attack use your radio to call it in, a supply drop is also available.", "Secure Prigorodki", "Secure Prigorodki"];

//>---------------------------------------------------------<

Addons needed:

NONE

Arma2 Version:

Mission doesnt end.

Intermittant supply drop issues.

Music isnt working

Change log: v.075

Mission briefing now added.

Refined the scripts and removed origional unused ones.

Slightly adjusted chopper waypoints.

Added setviewdistance 2000 to help with system lag.code]

DOWNLOAD v0.75

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K2TQ7M70

Edited by KEVBAZ
update!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

2754765.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Yes its a arma2 mission....

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

v0.75 now available

Change log: v.075

Mission briefing now added.

Refined the scripts and removed origional unused ones.

Slightly adjusted chopper waypoints.

Added setviewdistance 2000 to help with system lag.

Not only do you spam, you spam with an image >100kb, try reading the forum rules please.