Sign in to follow this  
BenniM

18 months of Patch-Waiting to come??

I was just looking in the troubleshooting section and found a post talking about Arma 1 updates and how long they took. It all sounds exactly the same as Arma 2 as if history is just repeating itself.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79209

Now BIS may surprise us this time around... if they work TWICE as fast as they've done in the past, we could see stability by Christmas, be asked to shell out for an expansion pack around Easter, and see performance issues definitively addressed by this time next year!

this is very scary news except I suppose it isnt news since all you have to do is look at the arma 1 page to see the official patch releases. I know Arma 1 took a long time to patch and even still isnt finished fixing after nearly 3 years, will we have to wait the same time or even half which is a crazy long time before being able to play without the random crashes and other terrible mistakes?

So you are assuming the developers will work the same exact way they did with ArmA 1, just twice as fast? You are assuming they will throw aside all of the experience in bug squashing gained from ArmA 1? That's so silly I'm not even sure where to begin... so I won't.

Next patch will be released as soon as it's done, for the 20th time, how can I possibly write it any clearer than that? As it seems some people's skulls are so thick the simple truth isn't seeping through........