Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Warfare Commander Menu Gone?

I miss the commander menu from ArmA 1. It seems there is no way to command your squads now in ArmA 2. I can't believe they took it out.

I read the manual and everything, no mention of it.

ctral + space bar shows u command many for ur units.

But, unfortunately, on big maps being commander lags like no tomorrow. For example, I can get into my MHQ only in 7-10 minutes after being elected/voted on server with aprox ping 60-80 with more then 3 players ....

How do you play as commander? You can't really do all that much, or is it just High Commander mode? How do you issue capture orders etc? Missions?

Oh alright I got it. I do still miss the old Warfare interface though.

Is there anyway to purchase empty vehicles cheaper than manned vehicles in ArmA 2?

Okay that was a stupid question. So there's no way to tell your troops to go attack cities or defend your base etc? How do you get your AI to man defenses around your base?

Okay that was a stupid question. So there's no way to tell your troops to go attack cities or defend your base etc? How do you get your AI to man defenses around your base?

You can select your soldier/s and either aim cursor at intended gun and select "Get-In" or....Select soldier/s and press "4", you get options for objects they can enter and in which seat.

If you are editing in 2D put, "this moveInGunner name_of_gun;" in the init line of unit. In 3D just right click on unit and drag Gunner link to gun.

In ArmA as a team leader you could give a whole team the objective of defending your base. How do you do that here? I know how to command my individual team.

Not sure whether we are talking here editor or in-game.

In-game in high command mode it is possible to change the type of a waypoint. Per default it is "MOVE TO", if you right-click on it, you get a new menu where you can change the type of waypoint (e.g. GET OUT, GUARD, ...), stance, formation, and other things more.

The small Training mission has one step covering this.