Sign in to follow this  
7SD-Toker

bad graphics performance - BiS confirm?

Strange.

It's the first time I must confess - I believe him! This guy from old-Iraq ;-)

But, in earnest, IT IS helpful to many cogamers to post in a trouble shooting thread that your system works. But only WHEN and INSOFAR as you post your technical specifications of your system.

That way everybody with the same or a comparable system can narrow his problem search very much.

EDIT: The system below works.

Edited by Herbal Influence

btw, Cinema is 30 fps, TV is 24 fps, but it's more noticeable while you're interacting, that said, the human eye can actually detect a very high amount, but that depends how good your eye is.

I suggest to read this article to get know why 25fps is not enough in computer gaming.

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm

Yeah - thanx for that learned link!

But it ends with "So what is "Enough fps"? I don't know, because nobody went there so far."

And he doesn't mean with that "so far" a higher fps than that being expierenced by now - though it sonds like that.

And I think the same author states in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

that i.e. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas runs at 25 frame/s and that this limit can only be removed at the cost of graphical and gameplay stability.

And that "A culture of competition has arisen among game enthusiasts with regards to frame rates, with players striving to obtain the highest frame/s count possible."

So I have to say, in my very personal opinion, I am absolutely and completely happy with 30 fps.

I can even enjoy games with about 23 fps (that what I get with highest settings in AA2). I don't think I have bad eyes ... no glasses yet. ;-)

i have a very bad and annoying texture problem and i dont know what it is please helparma2-1.jpgim using a geforce 7600gs and im getting my 450 watt power supply on thursday please help:(

i have a very bad and annoying texture problem and i dont know what it is please helparma2-1.jpgim using a geforce 7600gs and im getting my 450 watt power supply on thursday please help:(

Looks like the classic near-crash situation that I always used to get when the client system ram tops 1GB.

Can you confirm that this only happens after playing Multiplayer for a while? And not long after, Arma2.exe crashes?

is it the ram i need 2 upgrade??? it has just gone my birthday so im buying new parts like power supply because myn is crap, ram ,motherboard ,ati 4850 and a prossesor because my comp is old hahaha iv only got 768 mb of ram is that my problem?

Edited by sniper.kill

graphics card I'd say (and you will then need more than 450w psu too, I only run 2 gig of ram) my pre-historic specs are in my sig, I bet yours aren't far out

im getting ati 4850 intel, dual core 2.9 ghz , and a asus motherboard

Edited by sniper.kill

i have way less hardware than most of you and i can play it on high without anti-aliasing on and it runs reasonably smooth. Im running xp, intel core 2 Duo 2.66 GHZ (it was the very first intel core 2 duo on the market), Asus Motherboard(3 years old) , 8800GTS 512mb,2Gb ram. If you can run Crysis you should be able to run this. You may just have to run it on Medium graphics. Another thing, its probably your crossfire video cards. Try using single card not crossfire and see if that helps. Another thing dont bother trying to run the game with less specs than what i have, mine is pretty much the minimum for a good experience. But the Arma 2 Demo seems to be running well so far.

@sniper.kill : As your specs are around minimal specs, having something on your screen is a miracle. I believe you can't upgrade your rig because the only original part left will be the case.

If you want to play ArmA2 you need better hardware. You don't need top of the notch rig, a middle range PC can do the job.

Optimal PC Requirements

* CPU: Intel Core 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster

* RAM: 2 GB

* Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM or faster

You must consider the PC as a whole, just upgrading memory is a waste.

You may take a look at my systems specs.

Run's absolutely fine for me - and should be buyable for less than 500 Euros. Make sure you get Mainboard with AM3 and the future is open to you! ;-)

I did upgrade for 60 Euros from AMD 3800 X2 to AMD 6000 X2 within a minute.

Other content AMD users:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77206

Edited by Herbal Influence

You may take a look at my systems specs.

Run's absolutely fine for me - and should be buyable for less than 500 Euros. Make sure you get Mainboard with AM3 and the future is open to you! ;-)

I did upgrade for 60 Euros from AMD 3800 X2 to AMD 6000 X2 within a minute.

Other content AMD users:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77206

We with the 9600GT"s seem to be quite lucky:) I have around 30-40FPS with my 9600GT and Core 2 duo @ 2.13GHz:) I'd have a feeling the game needs to get some more optimization, but I have no doubt that'll be done in the near future:)