Sign in to follow this  
Hardliner

Russian voices

I was just wondering if there was anywhere that you could get Russian voices from. It sounds strange when your a Russian in a T80 and your platoon all have Russian accents and then your guy has an American accent, or in my case a high pitched girl type american accented screach (Patrick or Paul with max pitch) I like the Russian accents.

i don't have red hammer but i would imagine it included some russian accent voices

Red Hammer does include some very nice Russian-accented sounds.

Come to think of it, I think the sounds disappeared after I patched to 1.46... Or maybe they don't show up at all in multiplayer. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm not around my machine for some time now and can't verify.

Ta.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or maybe they don't show up at all in multiplayer<span id='postcolor'>

Not actually checked but at least in single missions you get the voice that is set in your player preferences. In multi-player I'd guess other players will also have the voices they've set. And if nobody has set a Russian voice...

Just a guess and I could be totally wrong.

The Russian voices aren't exactly the best voice acting I've heard but they're good enough smile.gif

Ochen harashaja wodka...

Nope, they could be better... For example spoken all in russia.. biggrin.gif

Ok, maybe not...

Spashiba...

U guys all suck!!!! No offense smile.gif

Ochen' horoshaya vodka, my arse!!!!

Retaliation Campaign going to have some good Russian voices

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 13 2002,19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Russian voices aren't exactly the best voice acting I've heard but they're good enough smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed! wink.gif

Its a good question.. why arent the russian voices in russian? As seeing as the command is displayed in English down the bottom anyway...

Some of you may not have played Day of Defeat (ver 2.0 kicks-arse) and the spoken voice is in German (for the Axis), but displays the text in English.. which really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

Id love to see that in Oppy.

I dont think CM have any Russian employees in their UK HQ wink.gif

But seriously, I think more gamers would only find it confusing to have real russian voices in the game. Maybe it'd work for cutscenes, but the ingame radio messages shouldnt require the player to constantly check their text-translations at the bottom of the screen smile.gif

In close-combat games you can switch, whether the Germans speak german or english..

I think that it's a cool solution.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Mar. 13 2002,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but the ingame radio messages shouldnt require the player to constantly check their text-translations at the bottom of the screen :)<span id='postcolor'>

Well, they do. A lot of times some radio phrases are simply skipped, so I have to check the text to know what's going on. The text may be "Enemy machine gunner, 5 o'clock", but the radio might say "... 5 o'clock". For me, the radio chatter is more atmosphere than anything else. I can't really rely on it to build situational awareness.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaswell @ Mar. 14 2002,10:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Mar. 13 2002,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but the ingame radio messages shouldnt require the player to constantly check their text-translations at the bottom of the screen smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, they do. A lot of times some radio phrases are simply skipped, so I have to check the text to know what's going on. The text may be "Enemy machine gunner, 5 o'clock", but the radio might say "... 5 o'clock". For me, the radio chatter is more atmosphere than anything else. I can't really rely on it to build situational awareness.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd love to see "radio chatter" in Operation Flashpoint vehicles and aircraft, even if it was a 5 minute loop or something, I think that would add greatly to the atmosphere..

Da.. It would be good to have an option to change from English to Russian and vice versa. I heard that European Air War the Germans speak German which is what I like in games. In Microsoft Conbat Flight Sim 2 the Japanese speak Japanese. Same in Close Combat games. And the radio chatter would be great too. I was just disapointed that there were no Russian voices to choose from for missions that I make in Editer. Unless you mess around with script. The American voices are good, but its odd when a Russian has that type of voice. No big deal tho smile.gif I like my high pitch screach. So amusing...

I didn't mean that FP needs Russian voices and that I wanted that, just the accent, like in Red Hammer. It would still be ok tho to choose a Russian accent.

I always look at the radio messages anyway, automatically, so that wouldn't bother me. But yeah I ment the accent.