Vista 64

Geforce GTx275

Always the same fps 28... with lots of downs to 5/4 fps

you probably have a bottleneck in other hardware

most likely CPU, but it could also be your memory for example

because of this you might not be able to go higher even though

your GPU is capable of higher if it truly doesn't matter how high

you set it.

Before bying new hardware try Windows XP. Lots of posts indicates that Vista is (currently) the culpritt for many people experienceing heavy performance issues.

/KC

So im bottlenecked with a E85000 overlcocked at 3800 that is totally stable??

Some will say you are but I say your'e not!

A E8500 along with a Geforce GTX 275 should have no problems running ArmA II (at reasonable resolutions).

I have less machine and it works fine here on Windows XP at high settings. I do suffer from some lag and LOD issues in the bigger villages as many others do but I'm sure that will improve with future patches.

Personally I think Vista (and it's drivers) was a lemon since day one and stuck with Windows XP. I know it's a pain to change OS but IMO it's worth it! If you still want to have Vista I suggest looking into dual booting at least for confirming if things improve for you in Windows XP.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Some will say you are but I say your'e not!

A E8500 along with a Geforce GTX 275 should have no problems running ArmA II (at reasonable resolutions).

I have less machine and it works fine here on Windows XP at high settings. I do suffer from some lag and LOD issues in the bigger villages as many others do but I'm sure that will improve with future patches.

/KC

Im running at 1680x1050, maybe that is the problem??

I´ve got the same problems.

Vista x64 with 6Gb RAM

Intel Q9650

ATI 4870 1Gb.

Stutters along at 25 FPS and drops in citys. Graphics flickers and no more FPS whatever settings I try.

Hope to get a good patch.

Im running at 1680x1050, maybe that is the problem??

It's easy for you to test, just lower the resolution and see whats happen. But I think your Geforce GTX 275 should be able to handle 1680x1050 without problems, it's one of the faster graphic cards around today.

/KC

I´ve got the same problems.

Vista x64 with 6Gb RAM

Intel Q9650

ATI 4870 1Gb.

Stutters along at 25 FPS and drops in citys. Graphics flickers and no more FPS whatever settings I try.

Hope to get a good patch.

The fact is thinking about this ive read many people talk about this issue.

to anyone suggesting these symptoms may be due to a bottleneck:

-STOP giving advice to people, you truly don't understand how a bottleneck makes itself known.

a bottleneck would not be responsible for consistent framerate regardless of settings. even with a bottleneck you would get substantial boosts at the lowest render resolution and detail - it is common sense.

this appears to be an LOD scaling issue with the program. or something else related to software.

Try a new nvidia profile or reboot. As soon as the game starts acting funny with regards to piss poor FPS, give your profile another look or the driver a re-install. Just having a setting in your ARMA2 profile set incorrectly can mean the difference between butter and molasses. At least this is what I've noticed in my experience. No amount of arma tweaking helped. It's always been the profile.

Ill tryolder drivers.

Im trying to determine my cards max overclock.

Ill post results later.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

sAME RESULTS WITH 182.50 DRIVERS.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Deinstalled till i decide to test windows 7.

This is not serious.

Most unsolid game ive ever tested.

Installed windows 7, great improvement.