Sign in to follow this  
ApacheStark

Radio chatter - Not a mod exactly but a start

I use the vehicle radio chatter addon from the GL4 mod

ye but i don't wanna use the other things from GL4 i only need radio chatter. Is it possible to turn things on and off in that addon, so i can only use the chatter?

ye but i don't wanna use the other things from GL4 i only need radio chatter. Is it possible to turn things on and off in that addon, so i can only use the chatter?

Yes it is, also you could just delete everything except the radio chatter.pbo

did what you said KR303 and deleted everything but the radio chatter userconfig and radio chatter pbo but it doesnt work.

Edited by Bigpickle

@ Bigpickle and Fruity Rudy....

You have to also leave the GL4_System.pbo in as well. The FX won't work without it. Plus put the "GL4" folder in your Arma2 main directory\userconfig folder if you already haven't done so.

Fire up ur mission map and place the Group Link 4: System (initialize) & Group Link 4: Special FX (initialize) modules on ur mission map. Now it should work.

What I also noticed was that although the majority of the mod isn't active some of the FX that don't require the .pbo files are. We're not really talking that much from what I could notice but a couple of things had me messing around in the userconfig\GL4_Local.sqf file in order to turn them off...

I removed the \\ from in front of the appropriate line under "GL4 Player Map Marker:" setting as I hate being able to see where I am via a marker on the map. Plus I also removed the \\ from the appropriate line under "Weapon FX Impact Sparks Change: ( Bullet )" line as I noticed that sparks would fly from MG rounds when they hit the dirt which just isn't right.

Having background radio chatter in cars, armour, heli's and planes is great! :D

Edited by Freebie

i forgot to answer.. i de-pbo'ed the grouplink system pbo, like in the readme. I put that into my mission folder, intialized the module in the mission's init, and of course the userconfig in my arma2 folder, and i kept the system pbo and radio chatter in my addon folder. works fine..but is it only coming up if engine is turned on ? i'd like to have it too if you leave the humm empty ? ..would be sweet..but overall this is a good thing first..

EDIT: Can somebody look into the addon and tell me where to modify the rule or the array for the engine on/off code? I wanna have it all the time, not only while player is in the vehicle

Also the radio sound is always the same noise level, somebody may change the values so its getting quiet and louder, depending on the distance to the vehicle. I think in ace its pretty good, but i don't wanna use ace :) ...but the radio-chatter pool in the GL4 addon sounds good..i like it

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Would be sweet to have an infantry radio chatter. You can ask some soundmod makers.