Sign in to follow this  
kizersan

how to instal maps ??

hey sorry bout this ive looked in other posts and it still doesnt really help me out ive just donwloaded the afghanistan island map of armaholic and it tells me to create a modfolder so i go and search what to do i find a post but it was orignially for arma 1 did everything it had said but nothing can anyone shed any light on my predicament

cheers

Punctuation. Use it.

Go into your Arma 2 Folder. That path is either C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 for the Steam version or C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 for the retail version. Create a new folder and name that @Afghanistan (you can name it whatever you want), then inside your newly created folder, make an folder named Addons. Put your .pbo files and .bisign files into it. Now, go to your desktop shortcut and right click it and press Properties. Click on the Shortcut tab and then type at the end of the target box, "-mod=@Afghanistan" without quotation marks. It should look like this, "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2" -mod=@Afghanistan". If you want to add more mods, just add a semicolon and then type your new mod folder name after that. Like this, "-mod=@Afghanistan;@F16"

Hmmm....I'm not certain that the ArmA1 Avgani map works in ArmA2 yet. If there has been a port over, I'd like the link.

ah your a life saver mate thank you and sorry read over what i had written makes me sound like a tramp early morning :)

here's the link i don't think it is the avgani map its just called desert map but the file is called Afghanistan

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6160