Sign in to follow this  
Bluenitro

Ranking

Yesterday I was a sgt while I was playing on one server. Today I hopped on to another and I was a private. Whats the deal? Is there no rank persistence?

Hello there

at the mo there are only a couple of Ranked missions out there.

And your rank only lasts while that particular session is in play, so if you join the next day and they had completed the mission for example, even though the mission itself would be the same one, all ranks would have been reset.

Does that make sense? Im rather tired.

Esesntially, you keep your "Rank" on that particular session on that particular server and only while that particular game is in progress.

Its not like BF and COD I believe where you keep your rank over time?

Rgds

LoK

Yesterday I was a sgt while I was playing on one server. Today I hopped on to another and I was a private. Whats the deal? Is there no rank persistence?

Hi Bluenitro

I am guessing you must have played some evolution.

Rank persists on a server playing the same mission. If you go back to the same server with you playing the same game form/ missions you will still have your rank on that server in that mission.

With ArmA II there are additional log functions that should make a BF style game form easy to make. it will need a rank server but that would be down to the ladder running such league.

The thing about ArmA is depending on mission you can start at any rank, have any weapon or any role. One day you could be a medic, next a rifle man or tank commander another you are a jet pilot. Or your buddies may assign you to command the whole mission.

Points and rank are not so important among most ArmA game forms though there are some like Evolution where rank is important.

Some clans play with real ranks where your position is decided by your superiors and abilities. If you are looking for that I suggest you join one of the formal clans.

Kind Regards walker

The rankings are only on missions like walk and orlok said. If you go to a different server you loose it.