Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Bandit

Making a Helicopter ignore enemies

Is there any script I can put in my helicopter's Init. box?

At the moment, troops are being dropped (in the night) ~500 meters from an enemy-occupied village, and then another sniper is being dropped ~500 meters behind the village. My chopper is currently flying at 300 ft (for stealth reasons), but diverts course when it spots the enemies occupying the village below.

So... yeh... any script that makes a particular unit/group ignore enemies?

P.S. I've tried setting the helicopter to "Combat Mode: Never Fire", but it still diverts course and stuff! :S

Heh - I tried that, but it just made it so the helicopter turned all of its lights on! :D Not quite what I had in mind for a stealth mission! ^_^

It's set to STEALTH at the moment. Any other ideas?

Hmm, I set my choppers' waypoints to "Never Fire". This works, but I'm not sure if the doorgunners will still fire.

Set "hold fire" on waypoints. But the helo will return fire if attacked.

Btw. helicopters are not stealthy.

I've tried setting the chopper to "Never Fire", but that just stops them from firing - they still divert course.

Anyways, choppers can be stealthy.

Anyways, choppers can be stealthy.
To the eyes, but not to the ears.

I would like to know this as well actually

Did you try lowering the pilots/crews skill so he wont detect targets prematurely? Combine this with "never fire should work.

BUT..there is a known bug with A.I. detection in 1.02. I recommend waiting for the next patch and to try again.

Could you simply use the addrating command to make the choppers friendly to all? Therefore the choppers would never be fired upon by the enemies and would therefore not divert from their orders?

_unit addRating 1000;

Did you try lowering the pilots/crews skill so he wont detect targets prematurely? Combine this with "never fire should work.

BUT..there is a known bug with A.I. detection in 1.02. I recommend waiting for the next patch and to try again.

I thought, though, that the skill level would also effect his flying ability, and I wanted this to be top notch. What exactly is the bug?

Remove all ammo from the chopper.

I've already done that - the chopper can't shoot anything, but still diverts course! ^_^

Could you simply use the addrating command to make the choppers friendly to all? Therefore the choppers would never be fired upon by the enemies and would therefore not divert from their orders?

_unit addRating 1000;

I'll try that right now, bump with the results and edit my first post with the solution! It sounds like the most likely candidate!

Thanks for all the help everyone! You've got a good community going here! :)