Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Red Dawn: Endgame Arma 2 Trailer

Oh I assumed it was like a "fake" trailer? If there really is a movie that would be a treat, Sincover is damn epic with special effects!

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

This one Is my personal favorite he has made, truly epic!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8QtS4s58o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8QtS4s58o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just wondering, how did you achieve that great heat haze effect? Was it an animated distort feature, like liquify?

Richie.

Bump.

Is there any real chance that Red Dawn will be released?

Wow... Way to bump a thread for no reason...

If he had news about it, why would he not share it? :rolleyes:

Believe me folks, I would like nothing more than to finish End Game and get it out there, but work/school/family time commitments make it literally impossible right now. I do hope to pick it back up eventually though as I have already spent a lot of time writing a scirpt and drawing up storyboards.

@ Richie: I used a displacement map with red/green particles for that heat effect, there are other ways to do it though.

Ah awesome, thanks mate! I can't say I have any of the skills you do in after effects and 3dsmax, but if you ever need help, i'm more than willing :)

Just gimmee a shout whenever you can get back on your feet if you need anything!

Ah yes necro, but how can one not enjoy rewatching this brilliant piece of art?

Ah yes necro, but how can one not enjoy rewatching this brilliant piece of art?

What part of "rewatching" involves finding this thread and posting on it? If you like the video, say so on the Youtube page.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

If this thread ever needs to be reopened, don't hesitate to ask. :)