Sign in to follow this  
Count Sessine

Multiplayer needs to be improved

Yesterday a buddy and myself spent 6 hours playing COOP in Arma2 in a LAN. Ping was 1ms, and yet there was a lot of lag and jerkiness in the game.

One of the main attractions of Arma2 from a multiplayer perspective is the possibility to play the campaign in coop. Boy was I disappointed.

Maybe I just didn't get it right, but you can't actually play the campaign continuously in COOP, ie the mission just ends and then you have to chose another mission from the list. Its impossible to know which is the correct sequence of the mission from the mission names in the list.

Add to that that the scripting errors seem to get worse than in SP and you have a very annoying MP package, in my opinion.

I love the game, but BIS needs to fix that before I'll recommend my friends to play Arma2 again in our next MP session.

How did you set up your LAN session? 1 hoster, or a dedicated server?

As far as I remember playing the (beginning of) campaign in mp, the missions were going fine 1 after the other, no choice issue or such, it was exacty like playing it SP. This when having 1 PC playing as host and the other as client

Though it stresses the server a lot and ofc is bug ridden.....

When you play the campaign coop, go into singleplayer (a bit confusing, I know) and choose 'Host'. That way you actually play the campaign in multiplayer, instead of playing separate missions from the campaign in multiplayer :)

When you play the campaign coop, go into singleplayer (a bit confusing, I know) and choose 'Host'. That way you actually play the campaign in multiplayer, instead of playing separate missions from the campaign in multiplayer :)

I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip.

Yea it's not the most intuitive thing in the world, going to Single Player in order to host a multiplayer coop campaign :P But you'll find it works much better for you.