Sign in to follow this  
burner123

ArmA II demo problems

I love the game but one big problem I'm having is with the controls. I haven't used the mouse controller in so long probably since I pllayed OFP back in '01. So whenver I use the mouse to look around the camera always seems so wabbly. Is there a way to fix this so it steadys out? I tried making the x and y axis go down but that didn't work.

Not sure what you mean. If you go into the options you can change the floating dead zone (or floating something.. can't remember)

Basically what that does is when it's on a high setting you move the mouse and it'll move the weapon around the screen without moving the screen til you get close to the sides.

Hope that helps.

I have a mouse problem, the movement of the curse seems to 'stutter' badly, even at the menu screens before selecting game type, the input is just not smooth, the cursor moves in the correct direction a bit then jumps back.

It makes aiming impossible, I'd like to buy the game but I need to make sure that I'll be able to play it first!

My computer

windows xp sp3

geforce 8800gtx

2.4 Q6600 processor

logitech g7 mouse

3.25gb ram

That does appear in thedemo but isn't able to be changed. Its called the aiming deadzone. So if I buy the gaem then will that make aiming and accuracy easier because it isn't so loose? I'll have more time to aim?

The gun's floating zone can be disabled completely.

Right now i'm trying to decide do I want this game or not? I love it but the controls are so odd and the camera even with the zone disabled still zooms too quickly to make me enjoy it. So If you can think of any other solution to fixing it so the gun is staionary but the camera does make the screen blurry then i might consider getting it?

Disabled Post Processing

Other than that, there is a mod that allows you to have post processing enabled and not get the blur but it only works for the full version.

That does appear in thedemo but isn't able to be changed. Its called the aiming deadzone. So if I buy the gaem then will that make aiming and accuracy easier because it isn't so loose? I'll have more time to aim?

It can be changed in the demo also.

Thought it would be best to post this here rather than making a new thread as the previous question seems to have been answered..

I've been having CTD's when trying to play the Death Valley mission on multiplayer.. But it seems pretty random, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The modules don't seem to work either :(

Guess I'll have to wait til my full copy arrives before I play with ACM.

Edited by XCess

I dont know its just so hard to aim with the screen so jittery, and moving around it takes me about 5 seconds to lock onto a target before i hit it i think i'lll pass unless that post processer thing would do the trick?

Burner, can I just ask what your specs are and if you are prone when trying to aim or if you've just dashed then tried to shoot straight away?

But if it were aiming deadzone surely it wouldn't apply to the cursor on the menu screen at the start?

I have horrible mouse stuttering on the menus, but not in game or the Editor. It's only when a menu is up, as in game loading, or dialogs within the game. Other times the mouse is smooth. This is with the full game.