Sign in to follow this  
Perrinmajor

How to make complete mayhem, west attacks west, east attacks east, civies attack civi

Okay im trying to make a mission where your a lone west side unit caught inside a city where everyone is killing eachother no one is friendly and everyone will shoot at you and each other, civies shoot eachother west east everyone kills eachother even if theyre on the same side.

Heres the breifing the town of yada yada yada has been out of contact for over a week and finally your sarge sends you in to do a recon of the area while on the recon your helo is shot down and you crash land, your co pilot is dead and all your team is either dead or MIA, with only an m16 and a few gernades you have to find your way out of the city alive, while investigating what went wrong in the nice city of yada yada yada.

I have tried in the init line this addpoints -500000 but it does not work they go about theyre buisness like every day life and they wont attack or shoot eachother which is driving me mad

ANyways Please help im about to die

Dunno if I have good advice to give as I cannot even get a squad of guys to sit down together without standing up and looking at their surroundings.

addpoints works for the player (they shoot you if you if you teamkill) but just in the editor, make a squad and be the leader. Have one of your men shoot the rest of your team. Extend your team to 12 men if you have to. Do they turn around and shoot him?

This is an interesting problem, I'm going to go investigate it myself. Would be interesting for a commissar vs. retreating infantry/Russia WWII thing.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Alright, I tried making a ten man squad in the editor and told #2 to target his fellow soldiers and fire. They never retaliated and he killed all 9 of his squaddies, except myself.

Maybe a script for each person...

pseudo code:

if knowsabout x

attack;

(if there is no attack routine, you'll have to make one)

attackRoutine;

target x;

doFire;

it might affect the behavior of how they run about and search for cover.

X can be an array of all the characters named in the mission.

There might be a better way, if there is a nearestPlayer\AI style command.

if nearestLiving getside == west && this knowsabout _nearest && this getside west

goto attackRoutine;

Bit clumsy. Might work.

I have tried in the init line this addpoints -500000 but it does not work

To the best of my knowledge: The name of the command is addRating. Seems to be a syntax error.

Hey that did the trick thanks!!! I set up a mission set the units to this addrating -50000 and it worked great put it in the init line for civies and let the troops chop em down

oh by the way is there a way to set the leader of the group minus so and so and it will go to all the subordinates thanks!!!

I cannot even get a squad of guys to sit down together without standing up and looking at their surroundings.

AI's init line: this SetUnitPos "MIDDLE" or this SetUnitPos "DOWN"

If thats what you meant? If not - sorry mate. I tested with a trigger to get a whole area with AI's to sit but no luck. Maybe i did something wrong though not sure. That in each units INIT line will work however.

Alex

oh by the way is there a way to set the leader of the group minus so and so and it will go to all the subordinates thanks!!!

{_X addRating (-(rating _X)-50000)} forEach (units group this)

Also improved to ensure their rating is set to -50000 regardless of their current rating.