Sign in to follow this  
cameron

My heat seeking missiles dont seek heat.

On the demo ive been training my flight skills and comabat skills and while doing so ive noticed the hellfire missiles arent heat seeking.If they are then please tell me how.

The hellfire are for air to ground attacks.

To use them you will need to press 'TAB' to lock a target, they won't lock air targets.

Hellfires are also laser guided not heat, so you want a sidewinder or similar missle.

Hellfires are also laser guided not heat, so you want a sidewinder or similar missle.

All missiles work the same way in ArmA 2. The hellfires may be able to lock onto a laser target in the game, but they are certainly not 'laser guided'. They are arcady fire and forget missiles, the same as any other with the exception of a few config switches. The reason the hellfire cannot lock onto air targets in this game is that the config tells them that they are not air lockable.

All missiles work the same way in ArmA 2. The hellfires may be able to lock onto a laser target in the game, but they are certainly not 'laser guided'. They are arcady fire and forget missiles, the same as any other with the exception of a few config switches. The reason the hellfire cannot lock onto air targets in this game is that the config tells them that they are not air lockable.

Well poo, so this sim isn't all the sim-ish than aye, I'd really like to lase a target and have an apache fire a missle from over that hill. Maybe in ARMA 4? :P

You can lase and use hellfires. So your good in ARMA2.

At least it worked in ArmA1. Maybe with an addon? Cant remember. But we lased for hellfires often. Had cobras come in and lased bridges and ground/vehicles.

Place a FAC Operator or Scout as player.

Place a AH-1Z flying nearby.

Grouped or un grouped.

Aircrafts will engage the marker as a hostile radar contact if they carry armament capable of locking on to the laser marker. GBUs, Hellfires.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0OJPDqbkxw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0OJPDqbkxw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Dallas