Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Anyone else seen the thing on cbs tonight about...

"They think we are here to wipe out all Muslims, and middle-easterners, which is simply not true. This is NOT an ethnic cleansing campaign, that would belittle everything that America stands for."

No, that is not how it is reported. Atleast not here in Scandinavia, as far as I know.

"yea right, how do we know that it's not your media thats the wrong here?"

Because they are not as envolved? Because they don't answer to the US government? Because they do not have to be American PC? Because they can actually question things and NOT get sued / lose readers etc?

"you think that ALL Americans think that Hollywood is History, and that we are all brainwashed by our media, which cracks me up.."

No, we don't. We know that far to many are though.

"I dont watch the news, and then go out thinking well hell...I dont have tpo think for myself anymore, they have already told me the truth."

Most people rarely, if ever, bother to check up on what they see on TV, hear on radio or read in the newspaper. No matter which country, most people accept what they are told. Most people assume media tells the truth. Which makes most people wrong.

I think people shouldn't diss the Americans like that. Sure, they're a funny people sometimes and can be annoying too. But never forget the fact that if they hadn't helped the Western part of Europe we would've been a bunch of rotten commies or worse. We owe the Americans for that and I as a European feel assured with the fact that America will be there to help us when we need them.

I mean, it's just too easy to stereotype Americans.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 11 2002,06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,12:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You really should take your comments and see that you are just as shallow as you say we are, I mean really think about it...you say we generalize...yet you are the one doing the generalizations, we are the cocky ones, yet it is your great country that apparently can do no wrong. Amercians simply defend themselves on this forum, we don't procalim how great and free we are...We aren't the ones who seem to think we can sit so high on our great horse, and watch over the wrongs everyone else does, it's you foreginers that like to do that for us. I'm waiting for the day the Europe has another Hitler on their hands, and can't handle it once again...but I'm sure the western countries will be their to bail your ass out as usual.<span id='postcolor'>

It is funky how you totally fail to understand anything. I mean, I never have advertised how great my country is. In fact, I think the internal politics of Finland totally suck, you know, we are ruled by idiots. But that's the catch, my man, right there. The only thing our (finnish) politics affect are the internal workings of our country. So we'll just take care of those internally, ok?

But the politics of United States of Freedom affect EVERYBODY on this planet, because you fuck up so many things and ocassionally hop around the globe bombing people. So if I want to discuss the problems plaquing our dear Earth, I start with the biggest problem, which is U.S.A.

And I know how dear it is for you to think that your soldiers did jack shit in the WWII, but unfortunately the (to you) evil commie russians were the ones who mostly kicked Hitler's ass. Besides, who's going to bail out the world, which is plaqued with U.S. shit? The aliens?<span id='postcolor'>

I only wish we knew what the world would be like with out the U.S. Because then you would surly be singing a differnt song. And no I'm not going on about how great the U.S. is, but the U.S. does a hell of alot more good for this planet then the majoirty of the rest of the world. But all you all want to look at is the bad policies which "plague your earth so badly". I wish that for once a president would stop sending the BILLIONS of dollars we feed into other countries to help their poor, sick, and hungry, which they turn around and stick in their own pockets, but thats a differnt story. I wish that for once a president would kepp all those BILLIONS of dollars for our country, our taxes would be reduced, we wouldnt have a national debt, we would have hardly any homeless, or hungry. But yet we would probably more than likly have your ass whinging about why the U.S. should be feeding this money to other countries, "because its our duty to help them, being the suppower we are" But I guess thats the beauty of it, we will never see this happen, and its truly sad, because maybe then the majority of you self-righteous bastards would appreciate us for once!!! You know what they say, "you never knew how bad you needed something until it's gone"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InRange @ Mar. 11 2002,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think people shouldn't diss the Americans like that. Sure, they're a funny people sometimes and can be annoying too. But never forget the fact that if they hadn't helped the Western part of Europe we would've been a bunch of rotten commies or worse. We owe the Americans for that and I as a European feel assured with the fact that America will be there to help us when we need them.

I mean, it's just too easy to stereotype Americans.<span id='postcolor'>

It's really to easy to stereotype any country, they are called customs and tradtitions.

And it's particularly easy to pull apart a country and disect its every move when they are in the news.

murda said:

that I should take your word, and your medias word over my own inellect???

What did I say?

I said to think for yourself, not to listen to propaganda.

What I have tried to say here is:

Killing people is wrong. Americans proved that they are not better than the terrorists when they decided to strike back

to a country that has, as far as I'm concerned, nothing to do

with the terrorist strike, but instead has oil.

With the term "americans" I mean the politicians, and the

whole country, not you Murda, not any other individual.

And I have one last question before I go, how many of you have REALLY been to America??? I mean honestly don't lie. And Don't tell me you've been to America because you visited one state, and becasue you came here once for a week or so. I mean have you ever lived here for a year or more? been to more than ONE state? Because if not then you are simply going by what you think AMericans are like.

"I only wish we knew what the world would be like with out the U.S. Because then you would surly be singing a differnt song."

So you know for a fact that the world would be worse without the US? I must agree. No US, no Coca Cola. Equals hell.

"I wish that for once a president would stop sending the BILLIONS of dollars we feed into other countries to help their poor, sick, and hungry, which they turn around and stick in their own pockets, but thats a differnt story. I wish that for once a president would kepp all those BILLIONS of dollars for our country, our taxes would be reduced, we wouldnt have a national debt, we would have hardly any homeless, or hungry."

Again an American seems to think only America is paying heaps of money. We ALL pay that (western nations). The reason WE pay is because many times WE caused it, with companies that exploit local economies and our own greed.

"But I guess thats the beauty of it, we will never see this happen, and its truly sad, because maybe then the majority of you self-righteous bastards would appreciate us for once!!!"

I appretiate the US. That does not mean I like everything about it. Much of its foreign policy is fucked up and thats a fact.

I've been to America.

Still the discussion was not about the American people.

At least I was talking about what American politics.

"And I have one last question before I go, how many of you have REALLY been to America??? I mean honestly don't lie. And Don't tell me you've been to America because you visited one state, and becasue you came here once for a week or so. I mean have you ever lived here for a year or more? been to more than ONE state? Because if not then you are simply going by what you think AMericans are like."

I have several American friends. My brother has worked in America for several years. Some of my friends go to school in America. I got all the input I need from them, and then some.

I do not have to know American people to see how the American government acts abroad though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Mar. 11 2002,06:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">murda said:

that I should take your word, and your medias word over my own inellect???

What did I say?

I said to think for yourself, not to listen to propaganda.

What I have tried to say here is:

Killing people is wrong. Americans proved that they are not better than the terrorists when they decided to strike back

to a country that has, as far as I'm concerned, nothing to do

with the terrorist strike, but instead has oil.

With the term "americans" I mean the politicians, and the

whole country, not you Murda, not any other individual.<span id='postcolor'>

I know, it's just that sometimes I get REALLY annoyed by these forums, because it seems as if everything is against the U.S. and saying how wrong we are all the time, and all this other crap. It just seems to me that all the European countries have it out for the U.S. maybe not killing wise, but they think they know us so well..and can judge our every move, and tell us what WE think. I mean honestly how would you feel coming to a freakin game forum and having to put up with that type of shit? it seems tese fourms become more and more politically oriented on a daily basis. I for one would rather have more knowledgeable discussions with people at a Politically oriented forum or something along those lines. I mean hell this is a game, and people are talking about politics?confused.gif? For all I know the people who think they know so much on here are just 13 yr old kids with a dictionary and a thesaurus on hand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"And no I'm not going on about how great the U.S. is, but the U.S. does a hell of alot more good for this planet then the majoirty of the rest of the world."

All EU countries give money to the poor countries, just like U.S. You hop around the world and bomb people to hell, then the europeans come and keep the peace. Which one is harder?

"I only wish we knew what the world would be like with out the U.S. Because then you would surly be singing a differnt song."

I would be discussing the next biggest problem. Be it what may.

"But all you all want to look at is the bad policies which "plague your earth so badly"."

I'm sorry man, but if you don't get your shit under control there won't be any earth habitable by humans left. Anything else is sort of secondary to that agenda, don't you think?

"I wish that for once a president would stop sending the BILLIONS of dollars we feed into other countries to help their poor, sick, and hungry, which they turn around and stick in their own pockets, but thats a differnt story. I wish that for once a president would kepp all those BILLIONS of dollars for our country, our taxes would be reduced, we wouldnt have a national debt, we would have hardly any homeless, or hungry."

I wish that your president would stop spending the KAZILLIONS of dollars to your army (more than the ten following countries spend combined) and instead spend it so that your taxes would be reduced, you wouldn't have a national debt, you would have hardly any homeless, or hungry.

"But yet we would probably more than likly have your ass whinging about why the U.S. should be feeding this money to other countries"

I don't give a shit about how much money you give to some countries. You sure as hell don't give any to Finland. I care about you fucking up the air I breath and heating up the Earth I thread on and so on...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 11 2002,06:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"But all you all want to look at is the bad policies which "plague your earth so badly"."

I'm sorry man, but if you don't get your shit under control there won't be any earth habitable by humans left. Anything else is sort of secondary to that agenda, don't you think?

"But yet we would probably more than likly have your ass whinging about why the U.S. should be feeding this money to other countries"

I don't give a shit about how much money you give to some countries. You sure as hell don't give any to Finland. I care about you fucking up the air I breath and heating up the Earth I thread on and so on...<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh yes, you are right, it's not Sadamm, or Israel and Palastine, or India that are in your backyard playing with nukes,...but us. You better worry more about them then us fucking up your great life pal.

And the U.S. is not the only country that fucks up the air you breathe, China is much more indutrialized then we, as well is Russia, again the ones in your own very backyard, not us. I think you as Europeans need to get your own backyard under control before you go telling us to get our shit together.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,12:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"Ahh yes, you are right, it's not Sadamm, or Israel and Palastine, or India that are in your backyard playing with nukes,...but us. You better worry more about them then us fucking up your great life pal."

Nope. Industrialized nations fucking up the planet is a much more credible and imminent threat than some two nukes some moron might have.

"And the U.S. is not the only country that fucks up the air you breathe, China is much more indutrialized then we, as well is Russia, again the ones in your own very backyard, not us. I think you as Europeans need to get your own backyard under control before you go telling us to get our shit together."

When it comes to pollution, there is but one back yard, because we all live in the same house. And would you really expect some evil not-a-beacon-of-democracy-and-freedom China to agree on reducing emissions if beacon-of-democracy-and-freedom U.S. hasn't done so first? Doesn't sound likely.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 11 2002,07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,12:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"Ahh yes, you are right, it's not Sadamm, or Israel and Palastine, or India that are in your backyard playing with nukes,...but us. You better worry more about them then us fucking up your great life pal."

Nope. Industrialized nations fucking up the planet is a much more credible and imminent threat than some two nukes some moron might have.

"And the U.S. is not the only country that fucks up the air you breathe, China is much more indutrialized then we, as well is Russia, again the ones in your own very backyard, not us. I think you as Europeans need to get your own backyard under control before you go telling us to get our shit together."

When it comes to pollution, there is but one back yard, because we all live in the same house. And would you really expect some evil not-a-beacon-of-democracy-and-freedom China to agree on reducing emissions if beacon-of-democracy-and-freedom U.S. hasn't done so first? Doesn't sound likely.<span id='postcolor'>

So it's our fault though right!?

It's the smarter of the two who first stops punching..

So maybe you Yanks could have proved to be sophisticated

and smart by signing that Kioto thing and not going to Alaska

to pump oil?

Added this:

And maybe you could make smaller cars so you wouldn't have

to bomb countries back to stone age trying to get fuel

to those cool big vans and estate wagons..

Oligo, you had better remove that evil piece of industrial space material from your avatar, being U.S. made an all, it's pure evil and is going to bring the earth to its knees, because it came from America of course. You know that even if America were to stop pollution COMPLETLY (yes I know its impossible and will never happen) that you will still have pollution due to the fact that America inst the only one who uses cars, power plants, etc. The funny thing is though, is that you only want to blame it on America. Why? thats my only question..why is it only our fault...why arent you doing your part to reduce world pollution!?!?!?

Our cars take 5-6 liters per 100 kilometers, as your cars take

10-15..

And we don't have 3 cars per family..

These are just examples...

He never said it was your fault. It is however your nations responsibility. Like it or not, America is a trendsetter and major player in the world. This comes with responsibilities. If America leads most will follow.

As for what we do for pollution...you trying to tell me Finland is one of the major players when it comes to world pollution? Please, it has to be one of the cleanest countries on earth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Mar. 11 2002,07:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's the smarter of the two who first stops punching..

So maybe you Yanks could have proved to be sophisticated

and smart by signing that Kioto thing and not going to Alaska

to pump oil?

Added this:

And maybe you could make smaller cars so you wouldn't have

to bomb countries back to stone age trying to get fuel

to those cool big vans and estate wagons..<span id='postcolor'>

This is the bullshit I'm talking about!!!!! First of all Alaska is our land not yours, you say we bomb afghan for its oil, yet you dont want us to become independent and get our own oil..your contradicting yourself here! America's main threat now is the big oil countriues could easily pull out from under us and America would more than likly flop, thats whay we HAVE to drill in Alaska, and thats the reason Britain is being pussies and saying we should not go after Iraq, it's not about political correctness, it's because Britain needs oil too. I'm done talking all this BS with you all, you're are going to contiunue to belive this BS, and you are going top continue to think America will always be worng, you are going to continue to belive that we are just blood-thirsty idiots. I say more power to you, but the time will come when you will be in the same situation, and we will then see how you're great people who let WWII continue on for so long deal with it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Mar. 11 2002,07:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our cars take 5-6 liters per 100 kilometers, as your cars take

10-15..

These are just examples...<span id='postcolor'>

They stil lhave the same effect!!!!!! oh well, have fun disscusiing how right you are, im out to go earn some good money and live the great life...just want to fulfill your stereotypes.

"I say more power to you, but the time will come when you will be in the same situation, and we will then see how you're great people who let WWII continue on for so long deal with it."

Yes, surely our fathers and grandfathrs 'let' the war go on. Probably because it was so fun.

Would have been interesting to see how America had done ALONE against Nazi Germany...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Mar. 11 2002,07:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our cars take 5-6 liters per 100 kilometers, as your cars take

10-15..

They stil lhave the same effect!!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

But the effect is many times smaller!!!!!! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 11 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Mar. 11 2002,07:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our cars take 5-6 liters per 100 kilometers, as your cars take

10-15..

They stil lhave the same effect!!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

But the effect is many times smaller!!!!!!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Does it really matter?confused.gif?confused.gif "Well sir I only shot him once, instead of 30 times" The guy should not be sent to jail cuz he only shot the guy once! Hooray for your great thought! It doesnt matter you are still polluting the earth my firend, commencing your own demise, which you said would be our fault! this is that horse you ride so high on that I speak of, your country can do no wrong see. On top of that....Finland is such an economical powerhouse and all...