Sign in to follow this  
topeira

How can i create troops inserted by helos?

hi guys.

i've been fiddling with the editor to try and get friendly and enemy units move around in a helicopter but couldnt get it to work.

im trying to get some soldiers appear on foot, get into a parking helicopter, make the helo drop them somewhere and fly away while the soldiers have more way points and they keep advancing and moving around according to more way points.

all i got thus far is a few units and a helo on ground. the units have a "get in" WP on top of the helo, the helo starts flying before the units get to it but it hovers low so the soldiers can get it. then i tried placing "unload" WPs so my units will drop somewhere and nothing worked. the helo never landed.

what should i do? is there a way to get this to work without scripting and typing?

10x

Check this forum section. There's a bunch of example missions posted in a thread. I believe matt rochelle did some. And I believe there's a few other threads with some different possibilities.

actually all i wanted to know is how to get the helo to drop its passengers. nothing fancy in the meantime. im a real beginner. :p

but after a few hours of trying i got it -

if i set the helo with its passengers to have an "unload transport" and the the passengers to have a "unload" and sync these two WPs than it works.