Sign in to follow this  
Rendar

Brdm and humvee

I think the damage models for these 2 are switched.  It takes about 2 clips of M16/AK47/etc ammo to kill a BRDM, but far more to kill a HUMVEE (about 100 .50 cals).

yeah, its kinda messed up like that. A humvee isnt armored at all infact. It was made to be light enough to be airlifted by very light weight choppers. it wasnt meant to be an armored car.

Aside from that, they preform just about the same.

Also, would it be possible for the window shields to open and close? Closed could be treated as "turned in", and open as "turned out".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Mar. 11 2002,05:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah, its kinda messed up like that. A humvee isnt armored at all infact. It was made to be light enough to be airlifted by very light weight choppers. it wasnt meant to be an armored car.

Aside from that, they preform just about the same.<span id='postcolor'>

Well you are wrong there the hummer also comes in a armored version. Look at these to pictures upper is normal, lower is armored.

%20M10258neg.jpg

M1114.jpg

But its only the passenger cabin thats armored nothing else

That upper one looks like a 1/6th scale toy for GIJoes.

Yeah look at those big thick armoured doors on the lower one. Which ones in the game?

When driving the BRDM and get shot in the tires, you cannot do anything with it. Also when ramming it into a house you also die. Maybe they should have made an option in OFP using a seatbelt.

get out

turn lights on

get to backseat

lock seatbelt

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rendar @ Mar. 11 2002,08:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, would it be possible for the window shields to open and close?  Closed could be treated as "turned in", and open as "turned out".<span id='postcolor'>

good ideas

but TKs would mess 2 much with em

a m2 on the top would be nice 2

*aham* blak halk down *aham*

Well, BRDM armor should be better. Hummer armor should be the same as it is now. smile.gif

The BRDM has too light of armor, but neither vehicle is particularily well armored. If you want to f*** up armored/mechanized forces, take off the treads and put on wheels, then try to do anything other than peackeeping on a freeway. Look at history. Chechnya is where BRDMs and BTRs go to die. Allied armor losses in Desert Storm were almost completely armored cars.

That aside, the BRDM is one of my favorite vehicles, IRL and OFP. It looks cool. Adding a turret with an MG would help both the HMMVW and BRDM. Closeable hatches would also add. As a final note, there is a SAM version of the BRDM. (SA-9 Gaskin) That would be pretty cool. (For NATO, there could be the M48 Chaparral.)

Mike

Well, I've got the impression that many russian vehicles were disadvantaged compared to US ones... I do know that russian technology is no match, whatever the timeline, but, to this point, I don't agree...

Russian armor (I mean, vehicles' resistance) is pretty thick and tough ! What's the use of a russian vehicle, which is too weak, and not sticking to its real model ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Mar. 11 2002,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does it really affect the game play having a strong hummer?<span id='postcolor'>

IMO: Yes!

On many ocassions I want to give my blackops a Humvee when designing a mission. But because it's too well armoured I'd have to skip it and give them a regular jeep instead.

-No need to stop and get out of the Humvee just to shoot a platoon of russians when you can just keep on going and don't bother as they can't hurt you confused.gif

I have no problem with having armored humvee - it serves it's purpose well. Unarmored version could be nice addon but jeep is the same thing.

BRDM should definately have more armor, it's more like an APC but humvee is just armored jeep...

Hope BIS will fix them in the future...