Sign in to follow this  
Robinio

Minor but important things

I was surprised to see that a combat simulator is missing the very essence of simulator.

First of... where the hell is the bullet in the camber? Either it will kill you or your enemy?

Second why don't the guns jam? I hardly believe that the M4 can shoot without jams?

these things are important in combat and for a combat simulator i think they should have been incorporated?

Will these things be in the next patch? or next game?

I can with 99% certainty say that you won't see them in a patch. However mods such as ACE2 will include jams to the degree they are feasible to model in ArmA.

ok... but i sucks that bohemia didn't incorporate it.

When reading this part of forum, I haven't seen any Moderators or game developers taking knowledge of this.

Edited by Robinio

I can possibly see the insurgents weapons jamming, but as far as the marines go in the real world their weapons would be maintained to a degree where they would be very unlikely to jam unless they had been out in the field for days without cleaning them!Ive done weapons drill with the TA & those cleaning kits are issued along with the weapons for a very good reason!lets not forget ArmA 2 is not set in the dusty middle east either where your far more likely to get regular weapon jams & worn parts...

The weapons jamming in far cry 2 was quite a cool feature but they tended to jam far too frequently to be realistic...

I agree though on the missing bullet in the chamber. If you reload a 30 rounds mag before you're shot empty, you're supposed to have 31 bullets loaded; this is - for an infantry simulator - a shocking glitch. Even Crysis had this one correct.

note: its combat simulator, not gun simulator... though i agree about 31 rnd thing. then again at the same time i feel it as minor, not really immersion killer. but thats just me...

It will be great if it would be implemented later in a patch. But if it is not, then I wont cry foul either.. My vote is, Neutral/Indifferent