Sign in to follow this  
sealion

Can not get units out of a boat after giving them:

I have given a group of 12 soldiers the initialisation script: this moveincargo boat1/boat2. To place them in two boats at the start of the mission.

However, for some reason I cannot get the units to disembark from the boat anymore

I have tried giving the boat an unload waypoint.  they do not get out.  I have treid giving the group leader a get out waypoint.  and this dosent work.  I have even tried using both waypoints and syncronising them.  I have tried this with the soldeirs having an incargo status and in-formation status.

But it they still just sit there when the boat stops.

maybee there is script code to do this.

Please help.

They should disembark by giving the boat a Unload Transport waypoint where you want them to get out. You might have to play around with it a bit to make sure they get out in a suitable place (not 2 feet under water sorta thing).

Having one group split across two boats might have an odd affect or not, I don't know since I haven't done that before.

I have experienced the same issue. If I start the mission in a boat I can´t get out of it

Hasn't this topic been displayed once this week. You need to use a Transport Unload waypoint. The unload usually makes the drivers get out.

You could just not use a script in the first place. Just type:

this moveincargo boat1/2 for each man in the initialiasation box.

I'm a non-believer in scripting. That is until I get a bit better at editing. You'd be amased how much you can do with the editor.

Yes, it seems that you didn't read my last reply to your topic where you asked this. Just use 'transport unload' and they will come out nice and easy. But what does the 'unload' mean, does anybody know? Or does it mean that the driver come out, because the 'get out' means the same thing.

unload transport can be combined with get out waypoints

for example if you have two different groups mounted

incargo, and you want to unload only one of them - you

can use now a getout waypoint for this group, and syncronize

it with an unload waypoint for the vehicle

now the other group would be still loaded onto that vehicle

if you are using an unload transport waypoint, both groups

would be unloaded

hope this helps