Hey,

Not sure if I'm just being stupid and doing something wrong, but for some reason, I can't get anyone to say anything on chat in SP. In ArmA 1, I could name an NPC (for example, bob), then use "bob globalChat "testing"" and it would come up that he said testing, but in ArmA 2, this is not working. I tried sidechat, and directSay, but neither of those work either. Anyone know how to get an NPC to say something in SP?

Normally the same way as in ArmA1... have a look in your arma.rpt, maybe you make a syntaxmistake... have you a ";" at the end of line?

i can't get this to work too, even with or without the ; at the end of the lines

so if somebody could give a heads up on how to make these guys talk (the arma way:P) i would appreciate it very much

(arma way = ofp way = gen globalchat "hi there i like you very much")

(gen is a fictional name of the char who needs to talk)

Setting up a trigger with condition true (instead of this) in the demo editor works with these in the on activation field:

[west,"HQ"] sideChat "test"

player sideChat "test"

Demo don't let me save stuff so I can't test with scripts.

It looks like directSay doesn't "say" what you put in quotes.

unit_name directSay "testing";

will actually play the pre-defined message labelled "testing" - it won't say the word "testing." That's if I'm reading the comref docs correctly:

Sends the message to the direct channel. The message is defined in the description.ext file or radio protocol.

so my question is - how do you define the message in description.ext?