Sign in to follow this  
foxz88

No sound - Need Help

Hi.

I just installed ARMA 2 from steam and there is no sound/audio in the game. I got sound in windows and in other games but not in ARMA 2. I checked under the audio tab of ARMA and everything is at 100%.

I am running Windows Vista 64 Service Pack 1 with an Audigy 4.

Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Thank you,

Ben

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

To do a follow up:

I removed the Audigy sound card and I'm now using the onboard soundcard but I still don't have sound in the game.

My friend that have exactly the same hardware and a copy (ghost) of my system just bought it on steam and he have sound!!!

WTF is wrong with my installation? I will try to delete it and reinstall it...

I am having the same problem as well, sound in windows and every other application but no sound in arma 2. Steam version and already verified integrity.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem ;) I tried reinstalling the game from steam because I was running out of idea but I have the same problem.

A friend and I are having the exact same problem, we downloaded our game from steam and the sound in game (including the menu) is not working. I have the latest drivers for direct x and for my on board soundcard

I have this problem as well. Sound in all other applications except for Arma2. I'm at a bit of a loss on this one. I bought Arma over steam is that makes a difference.

Running Vista 64

6 gigs ram,

Audigy 2 ZS with most recent drivers

8800GT

and a 2.4 Quad Core.

if you have two soundcards (onboard and the thing that slot in your PCI slot) try disable the onboard soundcard at BIOS settings.

hope that helps... im playing the demo got xfi xtreme music and all sound working. also have the realtek high def audio, but i disabled it. realtek sound bad anyway... everything sounded too soft with realtek(onboard)

I've got no sound as well. I think it has something to do with the Steam download, as I have the same issue and only have onboard sound. Sound in other apps works.

hey wait ??? what ?? i checked that link out it wasnt anything of signifigance, just a bunch of files the game already had, how the hell did it work for you????????????????????

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

wait there is a dx icon in there i clicked it , im going to see what happens

I downloaded this but all I got were roughly 81 compressed files that I have no idea what to do with? How am I supposed to use them?:mad:

is there an exe in there? run the exe... just like installing any other software.

Sorry to sound ignorant but. I downloaded the link and all i get is a desktop full of winrar files and a dxSetup icon that has a missing dll file. i tried the webinstaller link down below on the web link. Later when i deleted and ran the file again without saving it on my desktop(thats what caused all the files to fill my desktop). the file asks where to extract the files? where do i send them windows base folder or ArmA2 base folder or something else. THANKS

Sorry to sound ignorant but. I downloaded the link and all i get is a desktop full of winrar files and a dxSetup icon that has a missing dll file. i tried the webinstaller link down below on the web link. Later when i deleted and ran the file again without saving it on my desktop(thats what caused all the files to fill my desktop). the file asks where to extract the files? where do i send them windows base folder or ArmA2 base folder or something else. THANKS
make a new folder on your desktop..

is there an exe in there? run the exe... just like installing any other software.

Create a new folder on your desktop or wherever you like and extract the files. Double click on a file called dxsetup, which should update your directx10.

:yay:You make me soooooooo happy. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never saw the exe.:yay: